not enough good center fielders out there for boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not enough good center fielders out there for boston

Have you noticed a big shortage in center good fielders this year? Only one young center fielder broke out and showed something to be desired. Grady sizemore in my eyes is the best young center fielder out there. Now the top tier cf are not even trade-able. Andruw Jones, Jim Edmonds, Vernon wells, Ken Griffey, johnny Damon. Now the only that is possibley trade able is griffey, but the contracts is too high, even for the redsox. No team will trade any of these guys because how do you replace them? If you don't believe the shortage in cf, how else do you explain Kenny lofton being a full time cf still?

There are a lot of one way cf out there. Meaning Brady Clark can hit but cant field. Tory hunter can field, but cant hit. I really think the Yankees took the best cf available on the market and the redsox were sleeping when it happened.

Originally posted by ricky151
    Have you noticed a big shortage in center good fielders this year? Only one young center fielder broke out and showed something to be desired. Grady sizemore in my eyes is the best young center fielder out there. Now the top tier cf are not even trade-able. Andruw Jones, Jim Edmonds, Vernon wells, Ken Griffey, johnny Damon. Now the only that is possibley trade able is griffey, but the contracts is too high, even for the redsox. No team will trade any of these guys because how do you replace them? If you don't believe the shortage in cf, how else do you explain Kenny lofton being a full time cf still?

There are a lot of one way cf out there. Meaning Brady Clark can hit but cant field. Tory hunter can field, but cant hit. I really think the Yankees took the best cf available on the market and the redsox were sleeping when it happened.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Coco has a better year than Johnny in 2006. They were not that far apart last year and Fenway should boost Coco's number slightly. Defensively they are also quite similar, good range - rag arm. Given that Coco is 6 years younger than Damon and about 1/3 the cost it looks like a slam dunk for the Sox to me.
    My eyes perceive the present, but my roots are imbedded deeply in the grandeur of the past. "Chief Meyers"

MLBC

Comment

I can't believe there isn't a good outfielder somewhere in your farm system.

If not, please take back Damon. (I am not joking)

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
        I can't believe there isn't a good outfielder somewhere in your farm system.

If not, please take back Damon. (I am not joking)
        Nope.

He's all yours. We're starting a little curse of our own now.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X