when will the redsox trade manny????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when will the redsox trade manny????

He has a huge contract and does not want to be here, why is he still on the team? I guess if you hit like Manny any one can deal with your belly aching.

never! We will never get fair value for him so we are going to keep him. End of story

Comment

Originally posted by ricky151
      why is he still on the team?
      There's no such thing as a stupid question. There are, however, some silly ones.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

He has a huge contract and does not want to be here, why is he still on the team? I guess if you hit like Manny any one can deal with your belly aching.
        I think you answered your own question there. Manny has a Hall of Fame bat, and paired with Ortiz, they make the best one-two offensive punch in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer
          never! We will never get fair value for him so we are going to keep him. End of story
          cosign this
          Back to being underdogs

Comment

yankees would never put up with that

I mean if a player did not want to be yankee stienbrenner would get rid of him and buy someone else.
            Redsox don't have a problem with pre madona players.

Comment

I mean if a player did not want to be yankee stienbrenner would get rid of him and buy someone else.
              Redsox don't have a problem with pre madona players.
              Any team that would get rid of Manny simply because he's discontent deserves a poke in the eye. Manny can sit in a lawnchair in left field for all I care...he still should stay.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Manny could be before 2006 trading deadline or during next off-season.

He might be trade before the deadline since the Sox would be completely out of the playoff race at point. A team might offer a player or players of interest and also take quite a bit of Rameriz's contract. Depend if the Boston want to show he's out there for the taking or not.

I say he might be trade from Boston during 2007 off-season, because with Andrew Jones and Torii Hunter, should be a free agent, being free agent. The Sox could sign one of those two players, move Crisp into LF, where Rameriz is, and trade Rameriz to fit whatever need they have. Depend on other factor of whether or not Manny want to stay and if Boston want Manny and his contract in Boston. Of course, there's other factors.

Just to note, this is just speculation on my part.

Comment

if we get rid of manny we need some super trade like:

Vladimir G. = Manny

Paul Konerko = Manny

Pujols = Manny

Tejada = Manny

i hate saying this one...but...

A-Rod = Manny
                  twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

He's on the team because he hits 40+ dingers and 120+ rbies a year. No doubt Manny's a strange cat, but his production at the plate makes up for his eccentric behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLikeWhoa

Vladimir G. = Manny

Paul Konerko = Manny

Pujols = Manny

Tejada = Manny

A-Rod = Manny
                      you are right (with the exception of Konerko=Manny), and we are not going to get one of those guys in a trade so i say he stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer
                        you are right (with the exception of Konerko=Manny), and we are not going to get one of those guys in a trade so i say he stays.

exactly...
                        twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

There would never be a Manny trade for Vlad, Konerko, Tejada, A-Rod or Pujols because Manny's older than all of them and (with exception of Pay-Rod) has a bigger salary too. To get any of these guys, you'd have to defray very large portions of Manny's contract and/or throw in top prospects.

Manny's not going anywhere. He's too good a player to just get rid of, and no other team wants to pay him, and I'm sure Theo has no intention of paying Manny Ramirez to play for another team. Apparently, Boston recently offered Manny to Anaheim in exchange for Ervin Santana, Chone Figgins, and two top prospects while still paying nearly all of the contract. Anaheim declined. Perhaps they'll be desperate enough in the middle of the season if the players aren't hitting, but until then end of July, I'm certain ManRam will have the B on his noggin.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLikeWhoa

Vladimir G. = Manny

Paul Konerko = Manny

Pujols = Manny

Tejada = Manny

A-Rod = Manny
                            Let me help you.

Vladimir G. = Manny

Paul Konerko < Manny

Pujols > Manny

Tejada < Manny

A-Rod > Manny (if A-Rod hit in Fenway instead of Yankee Stadium... scary thought)

That being said, Manny is not going anywhere, and that is the way it should be.

Comment

A-Rod is NOT Manny

Don't mistake regular season numbers for equality.
                              The only ones on that list that really compare on that list are Pujols and maybe Vlad.
                              And I don't know about you guys, but, I like most of Mannys quirks,(accept the not running down the baseline, I hate that,) how funny is it him stopping to pee inside the green monster.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X