Game 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 6

I picked up Game 6 yesterday and threw it in the DVD player. I didn’t know what it was about other than Michael Keaton is a playwright who’s latest play opens on Broadway the same night as Game six of the 1986 World Series.

He’s a huge Red Sox fan and he’s in a New York restaurant the afternoon of the game having an exchange with some Mets fans talking about the big game.

Here’s what he says to them:

I hate the Mets. I can’t respect them, cause when the Mets lose, they just lose. It’s a flat feeling. There’s nothing there. Now the Red Sox. Now here we have a rich history of really fascinating was to lose a crucial game. You know what I mean? Defeats that just keep you awake at night. They pound in your head like the hammer of fate. Yeah, you can analyze a Red Sox game day and night for a month and still uncover really complex layers of feelings; feeling you didn’t even know you were capable of having. Yeah, that kind of pain has a memory all of it’s own.
    That’s all I’m going to say, so if you haven’t seen the movie yet………
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

When the sequence with the Mets comeback was on, I had the same butterfly feelings in my stomach that I got back in '86. It was a strange feeling. You actually feel they the Sox might win it.

Strange...
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X