OK... we got Coco.. now we need a SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoxSon
    I'd like to get hold of Chone Figgins and use him at SS.
    Nahhhh, why bother? First you get Jhonny Peralta at SS (for a few bag of beans obviously), then you send Boomer and a few cases of American beer to get Chone Figgins.

I'll fill you in on the Ben Sheets deal later on.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Alex Gonzalez would be a good choice...
      I've seen him play here in Montreal, he's an "overall" good player...
      But what the Red Sox need now, after reorganizing their outfield, is a decent infield....
      PEACE
      REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        A few questions first of all. How's the defense for each of Pedroia and Cora? I've heard of Alex Gonzalez being all glove no bat (perhaps like Rey Ordonez, formerly of the Mets and D-Rays), but offense or not, how slick are these guys with the defense? Do they turn the DP nicely, do they charge the ball well? You folks have had some very quality people in Nomah, Cabrera, and even Pokey on the bench.

Any other SS's you think may be traded for, especially this late in the winter? If so, who'd you consider trading for them? I'm figuring if the other team also asked for Clement or Arroyo, would you think that's a fair trade?

I would send Boomer and Arroyo for Cabrera anyday... not Clement though.

Clement is too powerful, we need to keep him. He's a solid 3rd starter
        twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLikeWhoa
          I would send Boomer and Arroyo for Cabrera anyday... not Clement though.

Clement is too powerful, we need to keep him. He's a solid 3rd starter
          Thanks. Once June or so comes around and we've seen what each of Gonzalez (if that deal goes through), and perhaps a little bit of Cora, then everyone will know what everyone's capable of. We'll also know what Boomer, Clement and Arroyo are capable of, given that all of them are still here.

One more reason to hold tight to see how things actually pan out. Patience is great, but sometimes I'm antsy to see how well people perform.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

We are aware that Cabrera is mostly glove and no bat, too? He's not that much better than Alex Gonzalez with the bat. Why would trade of a pitcher of your rotation to a team you might be contending for the Wild Card for when you can just bring a player for cheap in for one year that's a little below Orlando Cabrera in hitting and fielding.

Alex Gonzalez has around a Gold Glove level glove. Cabrera is slightly better on the field than Gonzalez. Just compare the offense numbers. While Cabrera put up better numbers by far than Gonzalez. Gonzalez and Cabrera were both offense challenge.

Comment

Well David Wells wants to be traded out west so i would give him up and maybe Arroyo or Del Carmen if they are interested in him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X