No more Sox on ch. 38?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Sox on ch. 38?

I just read this on boston.com. It doesn't make much difference to me because I live in Denver, but as a kid, I'll always remember Ned Martin and Bob Montgomery on the airwaves, as well as Dana Hersey's station identification in between breaks in the action--"This is TV 38, WSBK TV. . .Boston".

Originally posted by pesky6
    I just read this on boston.com. It doesn't make much difference to me because I live in Denver, but as a kid, I'll always remember Ned Martin and Bob Montgomery on the airwaves, as well as Dana Hersey's station identification in between breaks in the action--"This is TV 38, WSBK TV. . .Boston".
    Dana Hersey! Mr. Movie Loft! I haven't heard that name in a while.

Still, it's sad that professional baseball is becoming a pay TV event in the Northeast. I suppose that's why I still love listening to radio broadcasts. :radio

2007 World Series Champions
    The Boston Red Sox

Comment

That's too bad.

We got that station in Southern Ontario. I watched the games every Friday night.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Looks like I might have spoken too soon.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ay_be_in_play/

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

The team probably felt they could make more money from ad revenues than they could from WSBK's rights payment. Frankly since the station re-obtained the rights it wasn't a WSBK broadcast, it was a glorified NESN broadcast.

And the Red Sox are the third of the big three to go all on one station. The Celtics have been on one station since at least 1999 and the Bruins entirely on NESN since at least 2003. If not for the NFL controling broadcast rights, the Patriots would be on NESN or FSN New England or one of the other broadcast channels instead of entirely on WBZ.
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
            That's too bad.

We got that station in Southern Ontario. I watched the games every Friday night.
            Me too.

It was always nice to know that there would be a game on TV friday night.
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
              Me too.

It was always nice to know that there would be a game on TV friday night.
              How do you guys get the station? Odd that it's being broadcast that far out...
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X