Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB, that is awesome. I hope that you have a really great time at the old stomping grounds.
    Are you staying somewhere you can walk to the T from, or will you need to drive to a station? Just want to warn you that I got to Alewife at 8:30am the day of the home opener, and I was forced to park on the roof. I'm sure that the garage was completely full by 9am.
    Of course, there is an overflow garage, but I haven't seen it open once in the last 10 years...some well spent MA taxpayer money, there.
    Have fun!!!
    :cap:
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
      BB, that is awesome. I hope that you have a really great time at the old stomping grounds.
      Are you staying somewhere you can walk to the T from, or will you need to drive to a station? Just want to warn you that I got to Alewife at 8:30am the day of the home opener, and I was forced to park on the roof. I'm sure that the garage was completely full by 9am.
      Of course, there is an overflow garage, but I haven't seen it open once in the last 10 years...some well spent MA taxpayer money, there.
      Have fun!!!
      :cap:
      we will be driving from Worcester to about Framingham or Wellesely and catching the T there to the park. I will assume it is going to be a madhouse in Boston all day. I dont care, i cant wait.

Comment

When I drive in for a night game I usually go to the Prudential Center parking garage for parking. They have a Sox parking deal thats pretty cheap on the whole grand scheme of things. I forget how much it is, but it is alot cheaper than other places around the area. Fenway is a short walk from there and there is hardly any traffic, especially when you are trying to leave. All you need is your Red Sox ticket stub! but its not available for day games (though maybe on the weekends it is, I'll have to check on that.) I'm always relaxed when I'm going to the games because I know how much I'm going to spend for parking and know I don't have to deal with that much traffic.
        Check out My Sox site > http://thirdbasesaloon.freeforums.org
        http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...3rdbasesig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxocd View Post
          A great restuarant would be Legal Seafoods. It was the first seafood restuarant in Boston.
          Union Oyster House? Oldest Restaurant in the US
          http://www.unionoysterhouse.com/

Comment

Subway

Did you say to get off at Kenmore? Why not Fenway?

Comment

Also what time should I leave from the Highlands T if I am looking to get there for some BP Autographs?

Comment

Originally posted by Charger567 View Post
                Did you say to get off at Kenmore? Why not Fenway?
                Depends upon which way you're coming from...outbound, use Kenmore, inbound, use Fenway.
                "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Take the green line to the Hynes station and visit McGreevy's Third Base Saloon and the priceless vintage Red Sox memorabilia covering the walls!

Comment

When I visited in Aug.'04, I chose a furnished apartment for the week on W. Newton near Huntington a couple of blocks from Prudential Center/Mall. For the games at Fenway, I walked through the fountain area of the Christian Science Church to Mass Ave to Boylston and over into the Fens. I entered the ballpark area at that Shell station. Walking is the way to go.
                    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007
                    1946 1967 1975 1986

Comment

We drove into Kenmore Square yesterday so my wife could see her old haunts when she went to BU. There was not a lot of traffic so we ended up parking in the Ipswich St. Garage behind the ballpark. Took the Green Line to the Union Oyster House for seafood. We had to ask five passerbys for directions to the restaurant before somebody knew where it was. We were only one block away from it.

After the ballgame ended, we waited for our car to be brought to us and then drove for a half an hour before finding an inexpensive motor inn outside of Boston. We both commented at how helpful the people of Boston were to us all day long.
                      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Hey fellow Sox fans, I'm going to next friday's game of the Braves and Sox at Fenway. I haven't been to a game since game 1 of the 2007 ALDS against the Angels (awesome game: CG by Beckett, HRs by Youk and Papi) so I'm quite excited. I'm disappointed that I won't get to see Smoltz get the start (he was adamant about his first game back to NOT be against his former team) but I'm psyched none the less. I'm guessing it'll be Lester or Wake. I'm not too sure. A move is destined to happen this coming week so we'll see...
                        Back to being underdogs

Comment

YEASSSSS!!!

I come to Boston. For the 29th and 30th August. Watching my beloved Sox against Toronto. Hopefully. Because I got no tickets so far.

On www.redsox.com they sell, but I can't get two tickets side-by-side...What is the best way to get ticket for those games?

Any suggestions?
                          I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

lol. You could by scalped tickets from Stub Hub, or look on Craigslist under tickets. Alot of people advertise one there. Alot of clowns that want to sell the tickets for more, but it's easy to talk them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
                              I really want to go to Fenway when the red sox ARE NOT playing the Yankees and not wearing any of my Yankee stuff . So I can see and check out and enjoy the ballpark, without having to deal the redsox/yankees stuff. (don't get me wrong I also want to go to a redsox yankees game at fenway too) I just want to see one of oldest and most unique ballparks in peace!
                              Really? Is it that bad?

I have always wanted to see a Sox/Yankees game at Fenway. But I am a Yankee fan and I wonder, is it safe? I know this is the Red Sox forum and you all hate the Yankees and their fans, but I guess I gotta ask anyway. I mean, I wouldn't be getting wasted or starting fights or antagonizing Sox fans or anything like that. All I want to do is clap and cheer for my team, perhaps wearing the occasional Yankee shirt or jacket (which I really don't want getting ruined by having food or beer dumped all over it). Surely that's not a big deal? I can deal with things like the "Yankees Suck" cheer, but that's it...I'd definitely never be looking for a confrontation or a fight. I respect Sox fans and would never antagonize them in their own ballpark.

(I *have* been to Fenway before, but never when the Yankees were in town.)
                              Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM.
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Mr. Laser Beam, I've never been to a Yankees-Red Sox game at Fenway (or YS, for that matter), but if Yankees fans turn out in the numbers they do for Camden Yards, there should be plenty of people who've got your back!

Here is a link to some posts I wrote about Fenway in my blog. Covers taking the T to the game, parking at the Pru Center, and a site to go to to avoid obstructed view seats. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://comment.mlblogs.com/search?bl...Park&limit=100
                                :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X