This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KurtDman24 View Post
    Mr. Laser Beam, I've never been to a Yankees-Red Sox game at Fenway (or YS, for that matter), but if Yankees fans turn out in the numbers they do for Camden Yards, there should be plenty of people who've got your back!
    That's encouraging.

Finally got a chance to make a trip to Fenway! I'll be going there this August for three games (vs. my Yankees of course)...will try not to be TOO nervous.

Like I just said in the Yankee Stadium II thread: I will cheer for my team - but otherwise keep my mouth shut, my head down, and my hands to myself. And will wear only NON-offensive gear, such as a Yanks cap and player T-shirts.

And I love the food at the Cask & Flagon, so I hope they serve Yankee fans! (I was not wearing Yankee gear when I was there before.)
    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 05-17-2011, 07:41 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Inlaws bought me and my girl tickets to the Rays red sox series from 4/13-4/16 any tips advice? My girl and are both Rays fans but were worried about bad things happening to us red sox fans gonn screw with us and i get that but just tips or advice would be good.
      All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
        Inlaws bought me and my girl tickets to the Rays red sox series from 4/13-4/16 any tips advice? My girl and are both Rays fans but were worried about bad things happening to us red sox fans gonn screw with us and i get that but just tips or advice would be good.
        Red Sox fans aren't much different from other teams' fans, at least in the northeast...if you just go to root for your team and aren't obnoxious about it, you shouldn't have any problem. You may get some good-natured heckling but I doubt people will really be unpleasant. There's always a jerk or two, but you should be fine.
        :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

^ I can vouch for that. I had a GREAT time at Fenway last fall. Even though I had Yankee gear on the whole time, everyone was very nice to me, both at Fenway and in the general Boston area - a guy even helped me when I got lost coming out of the science museum (the museum's T station was shut down so I couldn't find the shuttle bus I'd used to get there; the guy helped point the way to the next closest station).

The only sore spot was the occasional catcall yelled from a passing car, but I shrugged that off. All in all I would say that Boston is very accommodating to Yankee fans (as is NYC to Redsox fans). I highly recommend it.
          Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 03-12-2012, 08:26 PM.
          It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Well besides getting blown out of the water we had a great time at fenway great people all around everyone was very nice and helpful we got heckled but it was all in good fun. I must say Fenway has something magical about it.
            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

QUOTE=RaysFan_98;2007638]Well besides getting blown out of the water we had a great time at fenway great people all around everyone was very nice and helpful we got heckled but it was all in good fun. I must say Fenway has something magical about it.[/QUOTE]

I went to see the Orioles at my first trip to Fenway and they got creamed. Guess that's why I was spared.
              :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X