What do SOX Fans think about this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do SOX Fans think about this....

The AP is reporting that JOHNNY DAMON has taken out an AD in which he thanks the RED SOX FANS, and the City of BOSTON......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11240194/from/RS.1/

c.

I think it's a big load of pig crap. He's trying to mend fences that are way beyond repair. I think it's even more of an insult for him to try to suck up to RSN. I hope he gets the $h!t booed out of him on May 1.

Comment

It's just best if Damon keep his mouth shut. Hell, the backlash was going to be bad no matter what he did, but he should have kept his mouth shut and maybe the backlash on him won't be as bad as it is. He's just making the situation worse. A lot of fans don't want to hear this from him any longer. They just want to see him fail against the Red Sox and against every other MLB team.

Myself? I got over it.

Comment

i do think it would have been better if he kept his mouth shut, but why does everyone keep acting like he is a traitor and that he burned bridges? its a free agent era, damon was a free agent and he accepted an offer from a good team. why is that so evil?
        Yankees Chick
        News, Rumors, and Opinions on the Bronx Bombers from a Brunette Babe

Comment

I really don't understand why fans set themselves up to feel betrayed in today's free agent climate of in one door, out the next.

I really don't know why he feels he needs to do damage control at this point. What's done is done. Any Red Sox player who jumps ship to the evil empire is going to feel the wrath.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I think that at least Damon did give some attention to the fans.

If he were an insensible one, he didn't put that ad.

Thanks Damon for the polite, well-mannered ad but I'm a Red Sox fan, I hate the Yankees and I always will root for MY team.

Comment

To All:

I'm curious, when Clemens signed with Toronto for the 1997 season, many Red Sox fans said that he'd never done anything at all to honor the many Red Sox fans who'd rooted hard for him over the years. Not even a single crumb thrown their way.

Even if you don't like the team which Damon signed with, his throwing congrats to the fans who'd rooted for him isn' a plus?
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Get over JD

The guy played his heart out for the Sox, he took a ton more money than the sox were offering to go play for the yankees, I can't say I blame him, although it would have been nice if he went to the Brewers instead.
                I for one say Thank you Johnny Damon for you're hard play and clutch hitting, enjoy the money, and feel free to go on the DL as often as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees-chick
                  i do think it would have been better if he kept his mouth shut, but why does everyone keep acting like he is a traitor and that he burned bridges? its a free agent era, damon was a free agent and he accepted an offer from a good team. why is that so evil?
                  OMFG!!! Are you kidding? There's a huge difference between Damon going to another team or another league and him going to YOUR MOST HATED RIVAL!!! I can understand why Yankee fans don't get this because none of your star players have ever jumped ship to go to the Red Sox. I can't believe people can't see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                    To All:

I'm curious, when Clemens signed with Toronto for the 1997 season, many Red Sox fans said that he'd never done anything at all to honor the many Red Sox fans who'd rooted hard for him over the years. Not even a single crumb thrown their way.

Even if you don't like the team which Damon signed with, his throwing congrats to the fans who'd rooted for him isn' a plus?
                    You can't compare Clemens to Damon, largely because Clemens took blue jay money, and considering that they're not our most hated rival. . . well, you go figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                      You can't compare Clemens to Damon, largely because Clemens took blue jay money, and considering that they're not our most hated rival. . . well, you go figure it out.
                      I wasn't actually comparing the two. I was saying that Boston fans said that Clemens didn't have anything good to say about them when he'd left. Here, to me, Damon clearly has.

Do you think that his words are genuine? Damage-control? Unnecessary? (you've already indicated as such)
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I will still be standing and clapping when johnny takes the field for the first time in Fenway, the guy did so much, and then wth the Ad he showed that he wanted to thank Boston.

after that first cheering for him I can't say I will cheer for him though
                        Lifelong Redsox Fan

Comment

I'm just not really too sure about Damon... If anything he should've released that ad the week he signed with the NYY not months after signing and then recently blowing up to the media saying Manny would love NY along with Ortiz... and then him saying that we never really wanted him..and that theo had supposedly been looking into Coco Crisp for a year and a half.

...and to all the people who keep saying "How can anyone boo Damon, he did nothing but play hard for 4 years"

-YES i agree with that... but if your gonna release something in the Boston Globe early 2005 season that says "I'd rather retire then play for the NYY" then you would understand...

GOT IT?!?
                          twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

He should keep his mouth shut.

He is going to be playing for the Evil Empire. This is balanced by the 2004 year. If he would just keep his trap shut...
                            He will be cheered when the lineup is announced, and the first at bat. After that, he's gonna hear plenty, wearing those vertical jailstripes.
                            Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                            Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

I'll always have warm feelings for Damon. He helped us win a championship. That said, I'm glad as hell he didn't re-sign with the Red Sox.
                              BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X