My Red Sox shrine is no longer "pure"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Red Sox shrine is no longer "pure"

Well if you look at my avitar thing, you will see a small picture of a very small portion of a 3 wall shrine that I have in my room dedicated to the Red Sox. To keep my shrine "pure" I have not allowed any yankees fans to step foot in my room since I started making it in June of 2006..up until yesterday I had been pretty good about not allowing yankees fans to come in my room...because...well if you are a yankees fan your pretty much not welcome in the house (as my dad says...well unless your family). but yeah, my and my oler sister share room and last night her friend slept over...her friend...is a....YANKEES FAN..when she saw my shrine she started talking so much trash about the red sox...I wanted to scream....and yankees fan slept in my room...the shrine is no longer pure...I'm considering taking it down and building a new one
    "Original sin wasn't when Eve ate the apple, but when those damn unicorns didn't get on the ark"- Haley Murphy Morrill (2/14/92 - 9/26/07)

^^this was the last status update that Haley had on her facebook page^^

Haley you will always be in my heart <

Forst of all -- I am sorry for you that you had to endure that.

Secondly, your shrine is as pure as ever; it just needs to be cleansed! To make it feel fresh and drive out the snide Yankee-fan-ness, get a DVD of Faith Rewarded and one of the 2004 WS (but I assume you have both already!), and play them both in your room. Remember Roberts's steal, and Papi's homers, and the Bloody Sock, and Wakefield standing on the Yankee Stadium mound and shedding his demons.

Once you are smiling and have that warm fuzzy feeling again, your shrine is refreshed.

(and remember that not all NYY fans are snide like that.)
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

Do you have a bigger picture of that shrine? It looks incredible. Mine is a joke compared to that.

Comment

why is there a blank space here?....because I took it down to make 1 of my 2 shrines in my 2 lockers at school.

of course the first one that takes 2 conners is the best part of it, if I do take it down, I'll probably leave that section up.
        "Original sin wasn't when Eve ate the apple, but when those damn unicorns didn't get on the ark"- Haley Murphy Morrill (2/14/92 - 9/26/07)

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics Redsoxocd. If I ever have a little bambino, that's what the nursery is going to look like (well maybe one wall will be a Beatles shrine). Maybe I need to start saving now?
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

I'VE MADE UP MY MIND!!! I'm going to take down everything except that really nice conner. I'm then going to work on a shrine dedicated to the '67 sox, my favorite red sox team. The newspaper that came out the day after they won the penant is going to be my center peice, I am going to have baseball cards of each player on that team going about the frame that the paper is in...oh yes...a new project...this is going to be fun!!

Comment

I simply have to ask how old you are??
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I am 15 years old

Comment

I was wondering when I saw that bunk bed haha.

Comment

Why don't you ask a roman catholic priest or exorcist to ban the evil Yankee spirit?

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                      Why don't you ask a roman catholic priest or exorcist to ban the evil Yankee spirit?

what a brilliant idea! I can see it now. . .

"mumble mumble steinbrenner mumble mumble anno domini mumble OUT DAMN AROD! mumble mumble. . ."

TomC
                      Author of The Smoking Lounge
                      sigpic

Comment

i have a simular Shrine in my room, Yankee fans are bad people
                        GO SOX!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X