Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, guys, guess what! The Red Sox aren't going to win the World Series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, guys, guess what! The Red Sox aren't going to win the World Series!

Who says? This guy!

Apparently, the Red Sox have no fire while all the other contenders in the league do.
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 09-03-2007, 01:58 PM.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Well, the same manager and about a quarter of the team that came back from a 3-0 series deficit won the World Series three years ago, so I'm not too concerned about fire.

Comment

That response had me cracking up!

Beckett and Youk, not passionate? So Pedroia flings himself all over the infield out of sheer boredom? All those guys went and hugged Buchholz the other night because that were happy that the game was finally over and they could go home and play pinball, huh?

I sincerely hope that the original article was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

I hope so too, because that would seem really, REALLY idiotic if he had meant it.

Comment

I think the only thing standing in our way is the Yankees. We seem to become exactly what Eric Wilbur is talking about when we play them. No where else do we see that. Maybe he is just venting from the Yankees series?

Comment

That article is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read.

I still don't think the Yankees will even make the playoffs and I'd be far more worried about the Angels than I would the Yankees if we do end up matching up with one of them in the playoffs. I know he handled them pretty well in that series with the rained out game earlier in the year but they're a lot stronger now than they were then.
            "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Comment

and lets not forget, that passionless lump ramirez = 04 world series mvp. and that other says all the right thing guy varitek = the team captain, and he damn well better be a future manager of this club.

also the yankees showed a lot of fire by following up the sox series by going 1-2 against that dynamo of a team, the Devil Rays, and sleepwalking through game one with their closet wildcard rivals, seattle.

TomC
              Last edited by ColbyPants; 09-03-2007, 07:04 PM.
              Author of The Smoking Lounge
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not even a BoSox fan, and I think that whole article/rant was really stupid.
                Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by natsnsoxfan View Post
                  That article is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read.
                  I couldn't agree more.

Comment

I really enjoyed that response, Williamsburg. I sort of felt like the response was aimed at me too, because I have been accusing the Sox of not playing with enough heart most of the season. I don't know if Wilbur's tongue is in cheek (he seems a bit too mean-spirited for that to be the case), but I often wonder when I read articles like this if the writer is going the extra mile to try to motivate the team he seems to be ragging on? I mean, as much as players talk about "not reading the press" you just know that word of this gets back to each and every player. You know, "bulletin board material."
                    "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

I'm not a Red Sox fan, but I wouldn't go so far as to accuse Manny Ramirez of being a passionless lump. Also, I REALLY don't get where people are accusing Drew of being so lethargic. It almost seems like people in the media ginny this stuff up on a whim.

I've had to deal with one or two people saying that the Braves play with no fire or passion when they got swept by the Mets. Well, duh. Of course when they get but one extra-base hit the entire series, they aren't going to look like you want to tear the pitcher's head off. That's one reason I made this thread.

Quite frankly, what I don't understand is what people want to see when they mean "fire and passion". Do they mean some pumping fists, yelling and playing hard, or the whole team going beserk when something good happens?

Comment

The one thing you gain by reading articles like this is in the knowledge that you are not the dumbest person on Earth,
                        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

My IQ just dropped.

Let's just save time and energy and shut the season down now. We don't have a chance.

Comment

From Tonights game against the Blue Jays. No fire On this team. Nope Uh-uh.
                            Heartless robot, all of them.

TomC
                            Attached Files
                            Author of The Smoking Lounge
                            sigpic

Comment

With 8 teams in the playoffs, it's not really going out on a limb to predict any one will fail. Part of the fun is that any team has a shot, but I'm still feeling pretty good about our chances.
                              BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X