Jacoby Ellsbury needs to play everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    Because then we are going to get a cold Ellsbury soon enough. When do you pull the plug and decide he's not 'hot' anymore? an 0-4? or an 0-10?
    When do you pull the plug on Drew and decide he's not playing well enough?

Comment

Jacoby Ellsbury is batting leadoff and playing left field tonight, September 7, in Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes781 View Post
        You think we're getting carried away, but what has Drew done to earn a spot on this lineup? He's a bum! The season long marathon is now down to a sprint & we need the hot guys in there as much as possible.
        I couldn't agree more!

What I don't completely understand is why some are wanting to sit out a hot hitting rookie over a guy who has failed to produce much.

I mean doesn't the hot hitter give us a better chance to win? At least give the kid a chance to cool off, and in the mean time a benching of an already cold hitter might help motivate him and or help to heal him, assuming he's injured of course.

Eventually I believe that Drew will produce more, but something is holding him back. Not sure what that may be, possibly an injury, but imo a short benching might help.

I'll also add that when Drew starts producing, I'll cheer as hard as anyone, I mean he's on my team, of course I want him to succeed, but in the mean time, with a hot hitting rookie available to help us now, I fail to see why anyone wouldn't want to play him over a struggling veteran who may be hiding an injury and may need some time to heal. :twocents:
        Last edited by Dogdaze; 09-07-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogdaze View Post
          When do you pull the plug on Drew and decide he's not playing well enough?
          Originally posted by bakes781 View Post
          You think we're getting carried away, but what has Drew done to earn a spot on this lineup? He's a bum! The season long marathon is now down to a sprint & we need the hot guys in there as much as possible.
          The thing is, that we all know Drew is better than this. I think thats obvious. However, if you sit him, you'll never get that little burst he's bound to have. With Ellsbury, we've probably already seen his best for this season.

I'd pull the plug on Drew if he starts off terrible again next year.
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
            The thing is, that we all know Drew is better than this. I think thats obvious. However, if you sit him, you'll never get that little burst he's bound to have. With Ellsbury, we've probably already seen his best for this season.

I'd pull the plug on Drew if he starts off terrible again next year.
            Fair enough!

Drew has been much better then he's shown, I absolutely agree, and I'm not saying we bench him the rest of the year per se. I'm saying ride the hot hand till Ellsbury cools off his hot hitting to help us win now.

I know, broken record!

BTW, Drew does hit better against lefties and does have a better arm then Ellsbury, so maybe instead of a complete benching, maybe split the duties in RF with Ellsbury? Just a thought! Okay it's game time, nuff said!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogdaze View Post
              Fair enough!

Drew has been much better then he's shown, I absolutely agree, and I'm not saying we bench him the rest of the year per se. I'm saying ride the hot hand till Ellsbury cools off his hot hitting to help us win now.

I know, broken record!

BTW, Drew does hit better against lefties and does have a better arm then Ellsbury, so maybe instead of a complete benching, maybe split the duties in RF with Ellsbury? Just a thought! Okay it's game time, nuff said!
              I wouldn't be completely against splitting time, really. However, we're only talking about the next what, 3 weeks? Not really that long anyway.
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

When Manny Gets Back Jaccoby Should play everyday in right Field JD Drew has done nothing for the sox all year, and he has not lived up to his contract, and next year he needs to go.

Comment

Ellsbury Needs to play right field everyday when Manny gets back, Drew has done nothing all year and for the money they gave him i would like to see him go in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by GOSOX0045 View Post
                    Ellsbury Needs to play right field everyday when Manny gets back, Drew has done nothing all year and for the money they gave him i would like to see him go in 2008
                    Go where? He signed a 5yr contract. A contract big enough that no one is going to give the Sox anything of value for him either. Trading him is not the logical thing to do right now, IMO.

That being said, Welcome to BBF!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X