SOX To Meet Aussies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOX To Meet Aussies

I read on the ABF (Aust Baseball Fed) website that Australia will face the Red Sox in an exhibition match on 5 March. Has this been publicised to any degree in Beantown? Will the SOX be fielding a top level team or will they use it as a trial for roster hopefuls? This will be the Aussie's final hitout before the WBC, so I hope they will be facing your gun players!!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

I found this article on redsox.com from December 22, 2005 about playing Australia.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=bos

From that article I gather it's a spring training game for the Red Sox so it will be the normal amount of spring training mix of veterans gatting some time and young kids trying to prove something.
    "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
    -Don Fehr

Comment

Many thanks for the link!!

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

With at least Varitek and Timlin(USA), Ramirez and Ortiz(Dominican Republic), Lowell(Puerto Rico), and Alex Gonzalez(Venezuela) out of that game due to the WBC so it will be mostly 2nd tier guys playing.

Not that there is anything wrong with it, they can still give the Aussies a workout
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
          With at least Varitek and Timlin(USA), Ramirez and Ortiz(Dominican Republic), Lowell(Puerto Rico), and Alex Gonzalez(Venezuela) out of that game due to the WBC so it will be mostly 2nd tier guys playing.

Not that there is anything wrong with it, they can still give the Aussies a workout
          Any game is a good workout - beats just training. Will give you guys a chance to look at Trent Durrington.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X