X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by DickZ View Post
    Well, please keep your magic going. You're doing a great job, and we'll probably be indebted to you forever.
    Probably only for three more games

Leave a comment:

• DickZ
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    Looks like my magic is working
    Well, please keep your magic going. You're doing a great job, and we'll probably be indebted to you forever.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Looks like my magic is working

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by DickZ View Post
    So do we owe you something to show our gratitude for tipping the series over to us?
    That would be a start

Leave a comment:

• DickZ
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    There is a generally accepted rule that post-season experience beats lack of post-season experience....

Then what happened?

Could it have been some moron going to game 5 of the ALCS? ...
    So do we owe you something to show our gratitude for tipping the series over to us?

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    started a topic RMB(artman), and SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS GUARANTEED

RMB(artman), and SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS GUARANTEED

There is a generally accepted rule that post-season experience beats lack of post-season experience. A few exceptions, but a pretty good rule. This year, that rule had pretty much been turned on its head. With the exception of the Bosox-Angels series (and I figure some Angels had playoff experience, just not as much as the Sox), you had the playoff newcomers Rockies brooming in the NL, the Indians taking the Yanks, and then the Indians up 3 games to 1 on the Sox. Then what happened?
    Could it have been some moron going to game 5 of the ALCS?
    The same moron whose friend told him to make a strong throw back to home plate when he catches a Boston home run, and then was three or four people away from someone who DID catch a Boston HR and throw it back?
    The same moron whose co-workers were sitting in the top deck and getting hardly any wind, while his sign on a lower deck was practically blown into pieces?
    It was like 1999 all over again.
    Wait, this same moron WAS at the 1999 ALDS.
    When the Tribe was one win away from taking the series from Boston.
    PLUS, this same moron went to Fenway this year AND saw Schilling in a rehab start in the minor leagues.

So since playoff experience now counts for something, Boston is guaranteed to win the 2007 World Series.
    You heard it here first.
    But make sure Boston fans ask Yankee fans about how championships are going since about three years ago.

Whatever became of that moron?
    Oh, I see him in the mirror every day
    Last edited by RuthMayBond; 10-22-2007, 09:11 AM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X