Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the nickname "Mini Papi" for Dustin Pedroia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the nickname "Mini Papi" for Dustin Pedroia?

This kids amazing.. what do you think of him? I made an unofficial guestbook for Dustin Pedroia at: http://www.minipapi.com

I thought the nickname was funny.. hopefully it'll catch on! :crossfingers:

I think we should pay tribute to another gritty Bosox player, Fisk, and call Dustin "Smudge".
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
      I think we should pay tribute to another gritty Bosox player, Fisk, and call Dustin "Smudge".
      I like that one a lot. It just seems to fit.
      Author of The Smoking Lounge
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post

Perfect!
        "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by minipapi View Post
          This kids amazing.. what do you think of him? I made an unofficial guestbook for Dustin Pedroia at: http://www.minipapi.com

Hopefuly it won't.

And somehow I doubt I have to cross my fingers.
          Last edited by runningshoes; 10-25-2007, 06:23 AM.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Pedroia not being Hispanic, it doesn't really make a lot of sense.
            Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

He's a little man with a Big Bat for sure.

With his dirt dog/gritty style of play and great glove he's certainly become a fan favorite. I'm glad Tito stuck with him early in the season when he was struggling. I mainly played 2B growing up and always have a special place for guys like him. And the plus is he's only a rookie. I'm looking for him to win the AL ROY Award.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post

He's a little man with a Big Bat for sure.

With his dirt dog/gritty style of play and great glove he's certainly become a fan favorite. I'm glad Tito stuck with him early in the season when he was struggling. I mainly played 2B growing up and always have a special place for guys like him. And the plus is he's only a rookie. I'm looking for him to win the AL ROY Award.
                DD, you've almost killed me! :applaud: :applaud:
                --Annie
                Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

I just heard him referred to as "Baby Gap"... I like that one.
                  sigpic
                  Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                  Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                    DD, you've almost killed me! :applaud: :applaud:
                    Me too, but please don't take any more chances like that, Dirt Dog. You could have been knocked silly when you were taking that picture. In fact, it looks like the bat barely missed you, and you were lucky the ball took a higher trajectory.

Comment

Originally posted by minipapi View Post
                      It's unoriginal, because you are using it. How would we be able to tell you two apart?

Comment

Originally posted by DickZ View Post
                        Me too, but please don't take any more chances like that, Dirt Dog. You could have been knocked silly when you were taking that picture. In fact, it looks like the bat barely missed you, and you were lucky the ball took a higher trajectory.
                        I'm just amazed, looking at the picture, that Francis was able to throw a strike
                        "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                          Pedroia not being Hispanic, it doesn't really make a lot of sense.
                          I agree - calling him Mini Papi would be kind of like calling him That Little Shmendrick. As far as I know, Youk is the only Jewish player on the Red Sox these days.

Comment

I just call him "Ped." Although I wish he'd change his first name to Maurice so he could be "MoPed."

Comment

I actually really like "Smudge". I think that's pretty funny. and DD, when I saw that picture I literally laughed for over a minute. My eyes are watering from laughing so hard.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X