World Series Victory Parade Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series Victory Parade Today!

ESPN.com is reporting that the World Series Victory Parade will take place today. It will begin at 12 Noon ET at Lansdowne Street, circle Fenway Park, take Boylston Street to Boston Common and end near City Hall.

The "rolling rally" on World War II-era amphibious boats will take the same route as the 2004 championship parade, except they won't go into the Charles River, Mayor Menino said Monday.

Mayor Tom Menino also said that Jonathan Papelbon would celebrate with his now-infamous dancing, and the Dropkick Murphys aslo will play along the parade route. "He has to dance", Menino said. "He promised the people he would do a dance.

Menino acknowledged having the celebration on a weekday would inconvenience some businesses and keep school children away, but said players were eager to get home to their families and begin their vacation.

There was no mention that ESPN would carry it, but I do remember that they did in 2004. So be sure to check, if you want to see it...and can't be there!

c.

Congratulations Boston Red Sox, your 2007 World Series Champions!

Is today the day of free tacos?

Comment

•The rally will kick off at noon at Fenway Park and follow the same route as 2004 — except the team will NOT be heading down the Charles River on Duck Boats. “The team didn’t want to go into the river,” the mayor says. (Plus, nutty fans jumped into the water as the Duck Boats bobbed by.)

•The 7-mile route will begin at Fenway Park with the convoy leaving down Lansdowne Street to Ipswich Street to Van Ness Street to Yawkey Way (basically circling Fenway Park) to Boylston Street to Tremont Street, Cambridge Street to New Chardon Street – this takes the team past Boston Common just past City Hall Plaza, the Herald’s Jess Fargen reports.

•The team WILL NOT jump off the Duck Boats or flat-beds. Once the route is up, they vehicles will pick up speed and take the team back to Fenway.

The Dropkick Murphys, the team’s adopted rocking Celtic punk band, will be with the team on a flat-bed truck playing all the way.

•The mayor promised ace closer Jonathan Papelbon will dance away, too, if the crowd asks (is there any doubt of that?)

•The parade will end near City Hall Plaza.

Jumbo screens will be set up on Boston Common, Copley Square and City Hall Plaza.

•The MBTA will be running at full tilt during the mid-day.

•“I just ask everyone to come down and enjoy the day. It will be a fun day in the city of Boston,” the mayor said.

•The mayor said it would have been easier to have the rally on a weekend day, but the players asked to have the parade now so they can go home and see their families after the long season.

•The forecast calls for temperatures in the 60s and sunny skies — a perfect fall afternoon (and then some.)

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
        ESPN.com is reporting that the World Series Victory Parade will take place today. It will begin at 12 Noon ET at Lansdowne Street, circle Fenway Park, take Boylston Street to Boston Common and end near City Hall.
        So did they do one of those "We have to break into our continuous Yankee coverage for a special announcement ..." to get that word out? Oh, whoops - I see that it's EPSN.com, and not the TV station, so they didn't have to interrupt Yankee coverage.

Comment

ESPN News will be covering the event at noon.
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by DickZ View Post
            So did they do one of those "We have to break into our continuous Yankee coverage for a special announcement ..." to get that word out? Oh, whoops - I see that it's EPSN.com, and not the TV station, so they didn't have to interrupt Yankee coverage.
            Now, now, DickZ, it's not nice to make fun of the afflicted!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by maximum jack View Post
              ESPN News will be covering the event at noon.
              Thanks for the update. maximum jack!

c.

Comment

DODGER DEB: "Menino acknowledged having the celebration on a weekday would inconvenience some businesses and keep school children away..."

If I were a kid again I'd wonder why they make it so difficult to be a baseball fan.
                "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                  DODGER DEB: "Menino acknowledged having the celebration on a weekday would inconvenience some businesses and keep school children away..."

If I were a kid again I'd wonder why they make it so difficult to be a baseball fan.
                  Boy, do you ever have that right, TonyK!

c.

Comment

From the Rolling Rally today...

Comment

Comment

Those pics are great DD, better than watching it live yesterday. Thanks.
                        "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
                            It's the men from black helicopters! It's the New World Order!

Comment

A nice parade to watch on TV
                              Best posts ever:
                              Originally posted by nymdan
                              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X