No announcement yet.

Red Sox Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already posted this in another thread, but think that it's still worth mentioning...whispers are the Yanks are willing to go 4 years, $60million to get Lowell.
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
      I already posted this in another thread, but think that it's still worth mentioning...whispers are the Yanks are willing to go 4 years, $60million to get Lowell.

Where do these whispers come from? Do you can a source, or just the voices in your head? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
        I already posted this in another thread, but think that it's still worth mentioning...whispers are the Yanks are willing to go 4 years, $60million to get Lowell.
        I sort of expected something like this to happen - the Yankees need a great third baseman, and also, they wouldn't mind jacking up the cost to the Red Sox of keeping Lowell. I think we'll just have to hope that Lowell will put some value into being in Boston instead of New York, because I wouldn't think we'd want to get into a bidding war with the Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by DickZ View Post
          I sort of expected something like this to happen - the Yankees need a great third baseman, and also, they wouldn't mind jacking up the cost to the Red Sox of keeping Lowell. I think we'll just have to hope that Lowell will put some value into being in Boston instead of New York, because I wouldn't think we'd want to get into a bidding war with the Yankees.
          If that offer is for real, Lowell would be silly not to jump at it, and the Red Sox would be foolish to try to match it. I'm sick of playing chicken with the Yankees when it comes to our free agents.
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• $35-$45 million for three years is on the table right now. I hope he takes it.
            2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS

My baseball blog at thepitch.h-team.us. Back after a total redesign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jager View Post
              Where do these whispers come from? Do you can a source, or just the voices in your head? lol
              My buddy here said it came from the Boston Herald, but I don't read that paper and can't verify it.
              "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                Anyone else hoping Lugo is traded and Lowrie is given a shot? That's my #2 move to be made after re-signing Mikey.
                looks like if the Lowell thing does not work out, the Sox might have Lowrie up in ST and give him a shot at 3b...interesting

Comment

• Front page headline on MLB.com is where I saw it.
                  2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS

My baseball blog at thepitch.h-team.us. Back after a total redesign.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightHawks2007 View Post
                    Front page headline on MLB.com is where I saw it.

If that's the case, then shouldn't someone get in trouble for that? The Red Sox are supposed to be the only team that can communicate about a contract until Monday at midnight right? So why should MLB be able to put that on their site? Isn't that tampering or something?

Comment

• I'd like Lowell back, but even 3 yrs $40m is really pushing it. If the Yankees really would offer $50-60M for 4 years, he can join Damon. And I really won't blame him.
                      BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

• The Phillies have started the terrible signings this off-season by inking JC Romero for 3 yrs-12 mil. Yikes, thats terrible.
                        Originally posted by Domenic
                        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                          The Phillies have started the terrible signings this off-season by inking JC Romero for 3 yrs-12 mil. Yikes, thats terrible.
                          Just... HOW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger567 View Post
                            Just... HOW?

It's WAY too much to pay for him, but in the 53 or so games he pitched for them he posted an ERA of 1.52 (I think that's right). So 4 million a year isn't completely terrible considering we gave Piniero 4 million last year. I'm just surprised that they did it for 3 years.

Comment

• Here's a quick schedule for upcoming baseball awards to be handed out over the next week...

Nov. 12: AL and NL ROY
                              Nov. 13: AL Cy Young
                              Nov. 14: AL and NL Manager of the Year
                              Nov. 15: NL Cy Young
                              Nov. 19: AL MVP
                              Nov. 20: NL MVP

I think Pedroia will win it :crossfingers:, but as for as Beckett, since the voting happened before the playoffs I don't expect him to win it...even though we all know who the best pitcher in the AL was this season. Tito should be given a hard look too.

Comment

• I am now anticipating for us and the Yankees to swap our 2007 3rd baseman. They'll offer him 4 years, we'll give A-Rod like 6-7.
                                Originally posted by Domenic
                                The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X