Red Sox Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    I am now anticipating for us and the Yankees to swap our 2007 3rd baseman. They'll offer him 4 years, we'll give A-Rod like 6-7.
    I will seriously suspend my rooting for the Red Sox if this happens.
    "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

I am now anticipating for us and the Yankees to swap our 2007 3rd baseman. They'll offer him 4 years, we'll give A-Rod like 6-7.
      I tend to think your correct. Unfortunately.

I was just talking about this in the Mike Lowell thread. While A-Rod is obviously a better player then Lowell, he's only one year younger. And for what A-Rod would bring to the team compared to Lowell, imo is not worth paying him triple or even more then what they'd pay Lowell to keep him.

Frustrating, but yes I can see the Sox signing A-Rod and letting Lowell walk.

Comment

I thought ARod was a great idea back in 2003, but am very dubious of him being on this Bosox team, despite the numbers he could probably put up with Fenway as a home park. I think that the combo of JD "Who Cares" Drew and A "Look At Me" Rod on one team could be devastating to morale.
        I don't usually engage in a lot of ARod bashing, but just don't know if the mix would be right.
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
          Here's a quick schedule for upcoming baseball awards to be handed out over the next week...

Nov. 12: AL and NL ROY
          Nov. 13: AL Cy Young
          Nov. 14: AL and NL Manager of the Year
          Nov. 15: NL Cy Young
          Nov. 19: AL MVP
          Nov. 20: NL MVP

I think Pedroia will win it :crossfingers:, but as for as Beckett, since the voting happened before the playoffs I don't expect him to win it...even though we all know who the best pitcher in the AL was this season. Tito should be given a hard look too.
          No, actually we all don't know who the best pitcher was this SEASON. Please enlighten us.

Comment

• Boston Red Sox: 2008 Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by ability View Post
              Fun...the same stuff everyone already knows, but with a negative and childish spin!
              Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Originally posted by maximum jack View Post
                I will seriously suspend my rooting for the Red Sox if this happens.
                no you will not...you put your trust in this front office that has brought us not one but TWO World Series Championships...I see what you are saying, but i am going to trust Theo and the owners will do what is best for the Red Sox. Red Sox Nation is like the Mafia...once you are in, there is no getting out!

Comment

• Originally posted by smithkp View Post
                  No, actually we all don't know who the best pitcher was this SEASON. Please enlighten us.
                  Josh Beckett.

Comment

• I really don't see a point in signing A-Rod. What would it do for us? What would 30M a year do for us? Increase our lead in first place from 3 games to 10? Who the hell cares? His bat disappears in the playoffs, which is all that matters. We shouldn't have any problem getting in next year, and with Lowell, we shouldn't have any problems in the playoffs either.

Comment

Josh Beckett.
                      Originally posted by Domenic
                      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger567 View Post
                        I really don't see a point in signing A-Rod. What would it do for us? What would 30M a year do for us? Increase our lead in first place from 3 games to 10? Who the hell cares? His bat disappears in the playoffs, which is all that matters. We shouldn't have any problem getting in next year, and with Lowell, we shouldn't have any problems in the playoffs either.

I also think that A-Rod's $30 million and the ego that comes with it are an anti-Red Sox ideal. I don't see the ego meshing with the loose style of the Red Sox. Lowell should be the first priority, I'm worried things are dragging on too long with him.
                        2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS

My baseball blog at thepitch.h-team.us. Back after a total redesign.

Comment

Stick around or just follow baseball again this past season, and you might get it. Including the playoffs,
                          I guess Beckett wasn't the best pitcher in the AL.....so who was?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
                            Stick around or just follow baseball again this past season, and you might get it. Including the playoffs,
                            I guess Beckett wasn't the best pitcher in the AL.....so who was?

Look, all I am saying is CC deserved the Cy Young. I agree with you that including the playoffs, Beckett had the better year. However, this award is based on SEASON performance. If the Indians didn't make the playoffs, do you guys think CC would be more or less deserving? Brandon Webb won the NL Cy Young last year and the DBacks didn't even make the playoffs. ARod won the MVP in 2003 and was not in the playoffs (I don't think). These are SEASON awards and CC had a fantastic season. Beckett did as well, but CC deserved the award.

Comment

Look, all I am saying is CC deserved the Cy Young. I agree with you that including the playoffs, Beckett had the better year. However, this award is based on SEASON performance. If the Indians didn't make the playoffs, do you guys think CC would be more or less deserving? Brandon Webb won the NL Cy Young last year and the DBacks didn't even make the playoffs. ARod won the MVP in 2003 and was not in the playoffs (I don't think). These are SEASON awards and CC had a fantastic season. Beckett did as well, but CC deserved the award.
                              That's your opinion. If you think everyone is going to agree with you, especially in a Red Sox forum, you're dreamin'.
                              Originally posted by Domenic
                              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• I see the Red Sox are increasing their ticket prices by 9% for most seats.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/spor...94/detail.html

The Red Sox are so popular in Boston, fans will pay it. And this could be in part to cover normal expenses which undoubly go up, but they also could be getting ready to make an offer to FA and this ticket increase would help! Ughhh!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X