Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Offseason

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BosoxOrioles69 View Post
    It might be different once he starts this season as a starting pitcher. He'd have to reduce his speed so he can last longer.
    True, but I would assume not reaching back would only improve his pin point control further.

    I am expecting something like:

    17-5
    3.30 ERA
    200 K's

    Comment


    • I don't think there is any chance of that his first year. I'd say a max of 14 Wins, and ERA around 4.20

      Comment


      • Late here...been on a cruise to Cozumel this week and its hard to get much news at all. Good to hear though that Lowell resigned, I thought that was the #1 deal that needed to get done going into the offseason. Mike could have really made more money elsewhere as well as a 4-year contract. Not too many players would have turned done deals like that. To some it's not always about the money. He seems very comfortable and content with the Sox and he's a good fit on the field and in the clubhouse. He really goes about doing his job w/o alot of flare. I would like to see him hitting 5th next year.

        Also congrats to Lowell with being awarded the Thomas A. Yawkey Award, the team's MVP.

        Comment


        • Red Sox have signed Mike Timlin for another year.
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Westlake View Post
            Red Sox have signed Mike Timlin for another year.
            $3M is the dollar figure I read. Not bad at all considering the money that has gone to mediocre relievers the last two ofseasons. Plus its only a one year deal.

            I like Timlin as a veteran in a young Pen and as a 7th inning guy who can get groundballs/doubleplays. I still see a need for a RH set-up man unless they plan to entrust that to Delcarman.
            2008

            Comment


            • Oh, and another thing....

              Its interesting to me that the Sox have not signed Mirabelli and appear to be looking for a backup catcher who can carry more of the load. That makes me wonder about the catching plan for 2008 but also afterwards because Tek's contract ends after this upcoming season.

              Perhaps the plan is to look toward having two equal catchers in the future, with Tek at both a lower salary and less playing time to keep his bat fresh. That way you could still take advantage of his pitching coach like mind.

              Just a position I'm watching.
              2008

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jager View Post
                I don't think there is any chance of that his first year. I'd say a max of 14 Wins, and ERA around 4.20
                He won't get any wins in Cleveland, when the bugs are on the lose again...

                Comment


                • I've heard the Sox are also going to make a serious run at Huston Street.
                  Originally posted by Domenic
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sharrock View Post
                    Oh, and another thing....

                    Its interesting to me that the Sox have not signed Mirabelli and appear to be looking for a backup catcher who can carry more of the load. That makes me wonder about the catching plan for 2008 but also afterwards because Tek's contract ends after this upcoming season.

                    Perhaps the plan is to look toward having two equal catchers in the future, with Tek at both a lower salary and less playing time to keep his bat fresh. That way you could still take advantage of his pitching coach like mind.

                    Just a position I'm watching.
                    There must be some pitching coaches who insist that their charges throw fastballs at all times...
                    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X