Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anyone See....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did Anyone See....

    I hope some of you saw JONATHAN PAPELBON on Dave Letterman last night. He entered dancing and did a terrific interview. He was even "bleeped" (on a few words) when he was explaining the clubhouse meeting that Big Papi held (complete with his accent) with just the players.

    They tape Letterman around 5PM. After it was over he then went down to Philadelphia, with DOUG MIRABELLI, and appeared on QVC, where each of them, in separate hours (11PM and 2AM), were selling Baseball Collectibles......from signed bats and balls, to hats and uniforms shirts. They were also selling the WC Tee and Sweatshirt. Pap also did a bit of his dance there before he left.

    c.

  • #2
    Was he selling the ball from the final out of the WS?!?!?
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hellborn View Post
      Was he selling the ball from the final out of the WS?!?!?
      No! There was no mention of that ball!

      The merchandise they were selling were new balls, bats, and shirts, that are presently being signed for delivery in the next several weeks. There was a ball by Mike Lowell ($389), Pap, Josh Beckett, and one by the entire team. Each of the "WS" bats were to have at least 20 sigs on them. The shirts were being sold individually; one by Pap and one by Josh Beckett ($799). There were also individual balls signed by Manny ($389), Papi($299) and Schilling ($389). Those wee some of the prices.

      I only watched the Pap showing at 11PM. I didn't see Mirabelli's showing at 2AM. I assume they were selling the same items.

      c.

      c.

      Comment


      • #4
        I heard a Papelbon interview on ESPN Radio before spring training, and it was easily the worst interview I ever heard a professional athlete give. He spent the whole time shilling for some product and the interviewers were openly mocking him, which is something that I have rarely heard or seen.

        Comment


        • #5
          A couple of more appearances by the World Champs:
          Friday at 9AM Big Papi will be on Live with Regis and Kelly;
          Friday at 11:30PM Manny will be on The Tonight Show with local guy Jay Leno;
          Saturday at 12:30AM Big Papi will be on The Late Show with local guy Conan O'Brien
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by efin98 View Post
            A couple of more appearances by the World Champs:
            Friday at 9AM Big Papi will be on Live with Regis and Kelly;
            Friday at 11:30PM Manny will be on The Tonight Show with local guy Jay Leno;
            Saturday at 12:30AM Big Papi will be on The Late Show with local guy Conan O'Brien
            Thanks for the info, efin98.

            c.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DODGER DEB View Post
              I hope some of you saw JONATHAN PAPELBON on Dave Letterman last night. He entered dancing and did a terrific interview....
              I thought it was pretty classy of Pap to defer his dancing until he got out of Colorado. Lots of players today seem to lack a sense of when it's right to do something, and when it's not. It's even more so with the younger ones, which he still is. He acted very dignified and restrained while he was still in Denver, and I would hope that the Colorado fans noticed this. It reflects very well on him.
              Last edited by DickZ; 11-02-2007, 12:04 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DickZ View Post
                I thought it was pretty classy of Pap to defer his dancing until he got out of Colorado. Lots of players today seem to lack a sense of when it's right to do something, and when it's not. It's even more so with the younger ones, which he still is. He acted very dignified and restrained while he was still in Denver, and I would hope that the Colorado fans noticed this. It reflects very well on him.
                I highly doubt he waited by choice, I believe the team had him wait until the parade to do it for their own reasons
                Best posts ever:
                Originally posted by nymdan
                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                  I highly doubt he waited by choice, I believe the team had him wait until the parade to do it for their own reasons


                  Either way he listened and didnt do it, which was a good move.


                  TomC
                  Author of The Smoking Lounge
                  sigpic
                  200720041986197519671946191819161915191219041903

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ColbyPants View Post
                    Either way he listened and didnt do it, which was a good move.


                    TomC
                    Made him more popular with the fans too, which goes a long way for a young player like him
                    Best posts ever:
                    Originally posted by nymdan
                    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here's a youtube link:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gNRRihIVMo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also, Manny is on Leno tonight and "Large Father" is on Conan. (Just a reminder)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                          Also, Manny is on Leno tonight and "Large Father" is on Conan. (Just a reminder)
                          In case anyone misses it though, it's Red Sox night at The Tonight show as Leno AND Steve Carrell of The Office fame(also a local and Red Sox fan) are also fans and are yakking about the team and the series for a bit before getting on to something else.

                          Manny's segment was short, kinda funny with a joke about Youklis's head or chin while Leno tried on a batting helmet.

                          Big Papi brought gifts to Conan O'Brien and offered up the origin of his nickname- simply couldn't remember his teammates' names so called them "Papi". He also divulged some tidbits about his interaction with fellow players and how to deal with the overwhelming media here. He also gave Theo an order to re-sign Mike Lowell(half jokingly, but serious about it)
                          Last edited by efin98; 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM.
                          Best posts ever:
                          Originally posted by nymdan
                          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X