SOX Must

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOX Must

We need to do a couple things this off season!!!

1. Sign Lowell
    2. NO A-rod i wanna still win next post season!!! Either keep lugo or get some one betta
    3. Get rid of Gagne and sign a good pitcher this time
    4. Sign Keilty he will be good:crossfingers:
    5. most importantly KEEP EVERYONE HEALTHY!!!
    Last edited by baseballkid12; 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM.

amen to dat brother!!!!!!!!!
    red sox rule :bowdown::gt:grouchy

Comment

Signing A-Rod a "must"? Hardly. I personally think A-Rod is more detrimental than profitable for any team that signs him, given his price and his selfishness, not to mention his poor playoff performance (and the Red Sox should make the playoffs next year without him.) But even if he is beneficial, the Boston lineup is so potent that you can't possibly classify another power hitter as a need.

As for Gagne...look, he had a bad half a season. I'm not saying Boston should be all over him to resign him. Maybe he'll never be as good as he once was. But come on, you're going to flat out reject him based on the performance of half a season?

The other three I agree with.
      --------------------
      http://benchcoach.com/
      --------------------
      http://www.offinlefffield.com/
      Sportswriter Mark Leff blabs about baseball

Comment

Yeah, we must sign A-Rod. I want to finally win a World Series before I die.
        BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Originally posted by The_Leff_Fielder View Post
          Signing A-Rod a "must"? Hardly. I personally think A-Rod is more detrimental than profitable for any team that signs him, given his price and his selfishness, not to mention his poor playoff performance (and the Red Sox should make the playoffs next year without him.) But even if he is beneficial, the Boston lineup is so potent that you can't possibly classify another power hitter as a need.

As for Gagne...look, he had a bad half a season. I'm not saying Boston should be all over him to resign him. Maybe he'll never be as good as he once was. But come on, you're going to flat out reject him based on the performance of half a season?

The other three I agree with.
          Half a season is pretty long.. He nearly cost us the division. His ERA was ridiculous, and he is going to still want to close.

I have heard "Are you going to judge him based on 2 games?" but never "Are you going to judge him based on 20 games?" He had a 7 ERA... Maybe some other team can give him a shot, but not us. Imagine the type of damage he could've done had we had him all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger567 View Post
            Half a season is pretty long.. He nearly cost us the division. His ERA was ridiculous, and he is going to still want to close.

I have heard "Are you going to judge him based on 2 games?" but never "Are you going to judge him based on 20 games?" He had a 7 ERA... Maybe some other team can give him a shot, but not us. Imagine the type of damage he could've done had we had him all year.
            I agree, Gagne was awful while playing for the Sox.

I was one of the people hoping the Sox would trade for him believing he would help us. Well, I was wrong. His era went from 2.16 with Texas to 6.75 with the Sox. And his era+ went from 209 with the Rangers to 70 with the Sox.

In the playoffs against the Angels, his era was 9 and against Cleveland it was 7.71, in the WS he actually did well, but that one inning he pitched was when we had a huge lead, there was no pressure on Gagne to pitch well.

I don't know why he performed well with Texas and so poorly with the Red Sox, maybe he can't handle the pressure, I'm really not surew, but after he pitched so poorly with the Sox, I definately don't want him back.
            Last edited by Dogdaze; 11-14-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Obviously, there's no way Gagne will be back. The Red Sox don't want him, and he wants to go someplace he can close. The Red Sox will get an extra 2nd round pick this year from the team that signs Gagne (assuming they offer him arbitration). That's about the only good he'll end up doing for the Red Sox.
              Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Exactly

Gagne if he does come back needs to shapen up and throw how he knows how to throw and if he does he will be a great tool for the Red Sox but i say we get rid of him... i know he only pitched a little but with time he pitched with us i had seen enough and i think we could do better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger567 View Post

I defintely don't ever want to see him in a Red Sox uniform. The guy came very close to destroying the entire season on multiple occassions. It's incredible how bad he was.

Comment

Originally posted by MudvilleMike View Post
                    I defintely don't ever want to see him in a Red Sox uniform. The guy came very close to destroying the entire season on multiple occassions. It's incredible how bad he was.
                    You folks all have your jibes now, but when Gagne works out the kinks and is a top-tier setup man somewhere else next year, I'll be back.
                    --------------------
                    --------------------

Comment

You folks all have your jibes now, but when Gagne works out the kinks and is a top-tier setup man somewhere else next year, I'll be back.
                      Who cares? Let him be a top-tier set up man somewhere else. He failed with us and almost cost us the division. I'd rather him maybe be successful somewhere else than have to pay good money for him to maybe be terrible here again.
                      Originally posted by Domenic
                      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                        Who cares? Let him be a top-tier set up man somewhere else. He failed with us and almost cost us the division. I'd rather him maybe be successful somewhere else than have to pay good money for him to maybe be terrible here again.
                        That's perfectly fair. All I'm saying is, it's pretty absurd to judge a player based on short-term performance. The best of the best have bad stretches. Eric Gagne is one of history's great relievers, and you people think he's done beause he pitched poorly for a couple months?
                        --------------------
                        --------------------

Comment

That's perfectly fair. All I'm saying is, it's pretty absurd to judge a player based on short-term performance. The best of the best have bad stretches. Eric Gagne is one of history's great relievers, and you people think he's done beause he pitched poorly for a couple months?
                          Gagne was a great reliever when he could throw nearly 100mph before his surgery. He's totally different now, I mostly saw him hitting up to 93. You're saying it's wrong to judge him based on 1/2 a year with the Bosox, but it's also wrong to judge him on a good 1/2 a year with the Rangers. I don't know, maybe his new ligament started to bother him in the 2nd half and he's damaged goods? Injuries often affect control before they affect velocity.

Eckersley was one of the greatest relievers ever, should we get him back out there? When he came back to the Bosox, he didn't look a lot different on the mound than he did in his big years with the A's, but the batters somehow noticed that he was toast and bombed HRs off him. I think the batters were giving us big clues about Gagne's pitching ability when rockets were shooting off their bats whenever he pitched.
                          I can't imagine he'll want to come back to Boston after the fans turned on him (myself included), and I would be shocked if the Bosox had any interest in him. More shocked than seeing Pedro come out for the 8th.
                          Take a pass, Theo. If he gets it back together somewhere else, more power to him. Maybe he's not done, but he should revive his career elsewhere.
                          "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

When a guy is gone for near two years from a surgery, and he sucks it up for half a season jeopardizing the entire season, you don't bring him back.

Comment

He had some great years, but that doesn't get him included as "one of history's great relievers."

If he does well for another team, God bless him. I'm just through with him. I can't believe how long (yes long!) Francona stuck with him. Be thankful that the rest of the team was so darned good that nobody will care about Gagne's horrible pitching.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X