SOX Must

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kielty

Now what about kielty I mean he would be a great utility player but does anyone think we could do any better then him... I personnally thought kielty was a great player this season in the little time that he played.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Leff_Fielder View Post
      That's perfectly fair. All I'm saying is, it's pretty absurd to judge a player based on short-term performance. The best of the best have bad stretches. Eric Gagne is one of history's great relievers, and you people think he's done beause he pitched poorly for a couple months?
      Not declaring that he is done quite yet. However, we don't need him. It's not worth the risk when you've got Delcarmen, Papelbon, Okajima and Timlin all in the same bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballkid12 View Post
        Now what about kielty I mean he would be a great utility player but does anyone think we could do any better then him... I personnally thought kielty was a great player this season in the little time that he played.
        He was okay. He started off on fire, and that's probably why you think he was so good. He sucked for most of the time he played.

I would rather bring a prospect up (Moss,) and give him a shot at 4th outfielder.

Comment

Well, I'd love to keep Keilty personally. He can play all three outfield positions adequately, and his bat is decent. Word is that Keilty wants to come back to Boston, but he's waiting until Crisp is traded, because he wants to make sure he's the 4th outfielder.

Comment

Well if we want someone to do what Kielty was more or less brought in to do, which is play the outfield and bomb lefties, then we should give some serious thought to making a move on Emil Brown. He's not perfect but he's better than Kielty, both in overall numbers, in numbers against lefties, and in peak numbers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X