Ticket prices rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DickZ View Post
    Are these middlemen who sell tickets all season ticket holders? Are all seats now sold only on a seasonal basis?
    No, not at all...it is just VERY difficult to get your hands on single game tickets in an honest fashion, due to the efforts of the resellers. You need to be prepared to stand in line early in the AM outside Fenway on the day that the box office starts selling, call on several phones simultaneously when those tickets become available, or (I think) log in and hang around in some kind of internet limbo while waiting to be randomly selected (a buddy of mine got WS tickets that way).
    I'm not willing to do any of this stuff, so I pay exorbitant prices on eBay and StubHub. I do believe that it is somewhat easier to get tickets from the team if you're willing to buy one of the packs of several games, and I think you also get two tickets per year if you're a Red Sox Nation member (I'm not).
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
      Considering the size of Fenway, the Sox rabid following, and what scalpers can get for the tickets the Sox ticket prices are very reasonable.
      i don't know about "reasonable".......i guess it's a matter of relativity.........worth every penny once you're in your seat!
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Well, I guess Fenway's reputation for highest prices in the majors goes beyond tickets. I just found this in a catalog of rollerball pen prices, where old stadium seats are used for the wooden parts of the pens:

Wrigley Field rollerball $170
        RFK Stadium rollerball $170
        Yankee Stadium rollerball $190
        Fenway Park rollerball $250

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
          No, not at all...it is just VERY difficult to get your hands on single game tickets in an honest fashion, due to the efforts of the resellers. You need to be prepared to stand in line early in the AM outside Fenway on the day that the box office starts selling, call on several phones simultaneously when those tickets become available, or (I think) log in and hang around in some kind of internet limbo while waiting to be randomly selected (a buddy of mine got WS tickets that way).
          I'm not willing to do any of this stuff, so I pay exorbitant prices on eBay and StubHub. I do believe that it is somewhat easier to get tickets from the team if you're willing to buy one of the packs of several games, and I think you also get two tickets per year if you're a Red Sox Nation member (I'm not).

Supposedly there is a trick to getting through for Lottery tickets. If you have enough computers and know the trick to use, then it moves you up to the next in line. Would one of the techies know what I'm talking about?
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X