Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox International scouting and signing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mg050369 View Post
    I've heard rumors that the Cards may have the inside track on YRod at something like $3.3M although I don't know how strong or true that is. Is he the last of "elite" bonus babies left? Also, anything new on the 3B Cuban defector? Is he still trying to establish residency outside the U.S. so he can be a free agent? At the right price, he seems like a great option to replace Lowell in '11.
    Rodriguez signed with the Reds.

Comment

Nicely done. Between YRod, Duran and Bruce, they have an opportunity to have a formidable outfield in 5-6 years.

Comment

According to BA LHP Hansel Suero who was the lone Dominican in the list released as having signed with the Red Sox at the July second 2008 date didn't actually signed with the Sox because of concerns of the pitcher documentation. Also as per BA Manny Nanita has replaced the recently fired Pablo Lantiagua as Dominican scouting surpevisor.

Comment

Originally posted by scaffolds View Post
          According to BA LHP Hansel Suero who was the lone Dominican in the list released as having signed with the Red Sox at the July second 2008 date didn't actually signed with the Sox because of concerns of the pitcher documentation. Also as per BA Manny Nanita has replaced the recently fired Pablo Lantiagua as Dominican scouting surpevisor.
          The early phase of International signing has come to an end, the Red Sox haven't signed anyone since the reported July second date, earlier i have posted that Dominican LHP Hansel Suero had not signed with the Sox ( as reported) well, he wasn't the only one that didn't officially signed as Venezuelan RHP Ivan Marcano also officially didn't signed. The official list is this all Venezuelans:

C- Oscar Perez
          3B- Juan Ugua (Not Vargas)
          C- Ari Gonzalez
          RHP- Enriques Cuevas

Comment

For those who like the ones who have email me and wanted to find out if the Sox have signed any other Latin player. The Sox OFFICIALLY have signed just the four Venezuelans that i have posted before, however the Sox have signed a couple of Dominican who haven't clear the right channels and red tape and until that gets done I can post there names.

Comment

As per BA SS Jose Garcia who we have talked about in this thread earlier signed with the Sox for a $260,000 bunus last May.

Comment

There's a lot of talk that Cuban defector Dayan Viciedo has signed with the White Sox.

Comment

According to BA top Venezuelans prospects LHP Ismael Guillon and RHP Alvin Mejias have signed. Guillon with the Reds and Mejias with the Rockies.

Comment

Dominican Jose Jose whose name was hot on the early stages of the 2007 International signing phase and was not only linked to the Red Sox but spend a couple of weeks at the Sox Spring training complex where he was compared to former Sox top prospect (now in the Rangers system) Endre Beltre, but signed with Arizona. Jose a 18 yrs and 6-2 175 L/L had a rough first year in 2008 at the DSL where in 67 G and 234 AB hit for 179 Ave with 8 double 3 tripples and 6 HR 23 RBI, but strike out 121 times and walked 22.

Comment

With the end of the 2008 year its time to close this thread. For more information read the new 2009 International scouting and signing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X