X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisp Leaving Boston?

Check this out :

http://www.sportsultra.com/mlb/team/...jsp?cp=f&a=507

I'd rather this not be true. I really like Coco -- he does his job well, and is pobably the true Gold Glover of centerfield (hitting plays too big a role in GG votes). If he goes we have no one behind Jacoby in centerfield except Jeff Corsealetti. Kielty hasn't played centerfield in more than 3 years and he's been hurt a lot in that time -- I'd trust Moss in center before Kielty, at least we know that he can perform adequately there for a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
      I'd rather this not be true. I really like Coco -- he does his job well, and is pobably the true Gold Glover of centerfield (hitting plays too big a role in GG votes). If he goes we have no one behind Jacoby in centerfield except Jeff Corsealetti. Kielty hasn't played centerfield in more than 3 years and he's been hurt a lot in that time -- I'd trust Moss in center before Kielty, at least we know that he can perform adequately there for a backup.
      I agree that Moss would be an acceptable backup in center. He played there some for Pawtucket last year, and at least in the games I saw him there, he looked solid. Not at the level of Crisp or Ellsbury, of course, but he got the job done.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

I think that the only reason you'd see Kielty and not Moss in Boston next year is because Moss would leave us with our only righthanded bat off the bench being Doug Mirabelli. That was the same problem that stopped Murphy from sticking in Boston.

We so need to replace Alex Cora. It would make our bench assignments so much simpler if we could pick up a righthanded infielder to do the same job.

Oh, speaking of, did I mention that Loretta is still out of work?

Failing that, Chone Figgins is definitely on my lust list as a Sox fan.
        Last edited by Imgran; 02-06-2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Much as I hate to see Coco go, I think I've made my peace with this (if it turns out that he does leave). I like Kielty, and I think we got him for quite a bargain. Redsox.com mentioned that Drew would most likely play center on the days Jacoby needed a rest, and Kielty would slide in at Right.
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

He's on Houston's 40 man roster, according to MLB.com. Did I miss something?
            Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

No he's not, he's going to arbitration hearings with Houston, I believe. He'll be their #1 utility guy now that Lamb is gone.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Although I like Coco, Ellsbury has shown that he is more consistant and could be the next Fred Lynn.

Comment

Originally posted by broadaxe63 View Post
                  Although I like Coco, Ellsbury has shown that he is more consistant and could be the next Fred Lynn.
                  I love Ellsbury, but I'd like to see what he can do over a full season. He doesn't have Lynn's power, but does he ever make up for it with speed. Think a faster Johnny Damon in his prime.

Comment

ellsbury is just amazing but i think coco's D is irreplaceable. his hitting wasn't awful in '06-'07 and he fits in with everybody's just have fun and screw around while beating everybody's brains in mentality. i'd hate to see coco leave. we should start a save coco protest

Comment

Agreed. Jacoby isn't going anywhere. We lose nothing by giving Crisp one last chance to establish his value.

Comment

Agreed. Jacoby isn't going anywhere. We lose nothing by giving Crisp one last chance to establish his value.
                        well put imgran

SAVE COCO 2008

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
                          ellsbury is just amazing but i think coco's D is irreplaceable. his hitting wasn't awful in '06-'07 and he fits in with everybody's just have fun and screw around while beating everybody's brains in mentality. i'd hate to see coco leave. we should start a save coco protest
                          Of the 133 American League batters with at least 300 Plate Appearances in 2007, Coco Crisp was ranked 102nd in On-Base Plus Slugging (OPS) at .712.

Crisp was ranked 112th of 126 A.L. batters with 300 or more Plate Appearances in 2006 in OPS at .702.

Comment

Why not shop Coco for pitching? You can love Coco all you want, but if he's buried behind another player in CF, it's not doing his career any good. Get some value in return for him and let him blossom and flourish somewhere else.
                            sigpic
                            Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                            Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

You'll have to give up more than Coco for a decent starting pitcher. You're better off just keeping him, depth never hurts.
                              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X