Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
    ... depth never hurts.
    I'll take depth at pitching over an extra outfielder any day.
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

It's not like you can trade Crisp for Joe Blanton straight up. You'd need to give up more than just Crisp. As of now the Sox have enough depth in the minors to be able to get through an injury.
      "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Right now, the biggest issue w/Crisp is that he chews up a roster spot that could be used for an extra reliever or for Brandon Moss to get some time in Boston.
        Trusted traders list-
        Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

He's also a great defensive CF that can fill in if Jacoby struggles. Keeping Crisp would be a good idea, what does the bullpen look like?

Papelbon
          Okajima
          DelCarmen
          Snider
          Tavarez

Who else?

With a rotation that would go:

Beckett
          Matsuzaka
          Lester
          Buchholz
          Wakefield

Spot: Masterson

They really don't need the extra roster spot that bad. Teams carry back up OFs, for situations like pinch runners and late inning defensive replacements. He can also spell Manny if he gets injured. If anything Keilty is the one who's taking up the roster spot.
          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
            He's also a great defensive CF that can fill in if Jacoby struggles. Keeping Crisp would be a good idea, what does the bullpen look like?

Papelbon
            Okajima
            DelCarmen
            Snider
            Tavarez

Who else? .
            Other guys in the bullpen mix are Timlin, Hanson, Lopez, Breslow, and a few guys they picked up on minor league deals - Aardsma, Kolb, and Miceli. Also, guys like Bowden and Masterson could see work in the pen later in the season.
            Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

There's a nice feature on Coco over on Redsox.com. I particularly liked this section:

"He was hot and I was struggling at that time and you want to win a World Series, so you have to put who's hot and who's doing the best out there, offensively," Crisp said. "I understood it and that's why I really didn't say anything.

"It was really tough because [ I ] helped the team get there. For myself, I battled through little nicks here and there and the season didn't go exactly how [ I ] wanted, offensively. Defensively, yes, better than I expected for myself, but to sit down and watch the team go out there when [ I ] helped them win some games and get them there, it's tough. But you've got to kind of suck it up, which I was able to do. I don't know if I was able to hide it well, I think I did. That was probably the toughest part of last year."
              Also, I don't fault him for wanting a trade if he's not our everyday center fielder.
              "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X