Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lust List -- who do you want to see in Boston?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Lust List -- who do you want to see in Boston?

    The purpose if this thread is simple. We all have players we've seen in action for other teams that we think would be fantastic fits in Boston if it was only feasible to get them or replace the incumbent.

    I'll open up with Chone Figgins. He'd be a fantastic fit in Boston as a super-sub, and he plays every position but first base and catcher -- as long as he didn't fall off the cliff offensively, there'd always be a place for him to play on a team as players fall off offensively or get nicked up, or are just plain on scheduled rest. He's also duplicated on his team, who has a glut of outfield talent and has Maicer Izturis as an infield super-sub.

    Realistically, it'd take a lot to prize him out of Anaheim, as his versatility and speed are a huge asset to their own pennant hopes, but he's got blinding speed, a great eye, and he switch-hits, giving us the ultimate matchup bat. And with him available both as an infield sub and as a 4th outfielder, you could concievably carry 13 pitchers.

    if we could find a way to do it there isn't a lot I wouldn't pay to replace Alex Cora with Chone Figgins. Buchholz is about it.

  • #2
    I'd give my left arm for a stud catcher right now. McCann, Saltalamachia, BARD!!! (damn you Theo), Mauer, Martin, etc. Any decent catcher in the organization would be good. Right now we just don't have one.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd agree a young catcher with a lot of promise would be nice right now. The Red Sox have decent depth at catcher in the minor leagues, but there isn't someone who's ready to be annointed "catcher of the future".

      Also, the Sox don't have much for 3b prospects. Lowelll is signed for two more years, but there's not even anyone on the horizon within the system to take over at that point. Best options they have in the system would be moving Lowrie there or maybe switch Youk back there and having someone like Lars Anderson or Chris Carter at 1b.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jager View Post
        I'd give my left arm for a stud catcher right now. McCann, Saltalamachia, BARD!!! (damn you Theo), Mauer, Martin, etc. Any decent catcher in the organization would be good. Right now we just don't have one.
        Your love for the Red Sox really goes very far...

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, this will turn out to be a favorite players on other teams list but oh well...

          1B: Todd Helton
          2B: Robinson Cano
          3B: Scott Rolen
          SS: Hanley Ramirez
          OF: Matt Holliday
          OF: Coco Crisp, after he's traded

          P: Tim Lincecum
          P: Roy Oswalt
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Helton over Phat Albert or Ryan Howard? Anyways the players I'd like to see in Boston are:

            C: Wil Nieves
            1B: Doug Meincavitez
            2B: Tony Womack
            3B: Cesar Izturis
            SS: David Eckstein
            LF: Reggie Willits
            CF: Juan Pierre
            RF: Mark Tehan
            DH: Nick Punto

            Rotation:
            SP: Kyle Loshe
            SP: Carlos Silva
            SP: Orlando Hernandez
            SP: Daniel Cabrera
            SP: Jeff Karstens
            "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

            "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
              I'd agree a young catcher with a lot of promise would be nice right now. The Red Sox have decent depth at catcher in the minor leagues, but there isn't someone who's ready to be annointed "catcher of the future".
              http://www.soxprospects.com/players/still-jon.htm

              Pure stud.

              As a contemporary of Lars Anderson and with a glut of 1B talent at and above hi level, Still will get a chance to pass or fail as a catcher, and he's already got a decent shot at Piazza status as it is (poor defender, monster power, fantastic discipline)

              Comment


              • #8
                deleted post
                Last edited by ChrisLDuncan; 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM.
                "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

                "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congrats Chris, thats probably the worst spelling of Mientkiewicz's name ever. Ok, so I looked it up too. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
                  Originally posted by Domenic
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Still is interesting, for sure. But I wouldn't call a 23 year old in A ball who may or may not stay at catcher a sure thing. Now, if we had a 23-24 year old having a good season in AAA, who was ready to be Varitek's backup in '08 or '09, then take over, that'd be a stud.

                    Still could be a good one...just a matter of when, and how his defense comes around. He's worth watching for sure. Any word on where he'll start 2008?

                    Originally posted by Imgran View Post
                    http://www.soxprospects.com/players/still-jon.htm

                    Pure stud.

                    As a contemporary of Lars Anderson and with a glut of 1B talent at and above hi level, Still will get a chance to pass or fail as a catcher, and he's already got a decent shot at Piazza status as it is (poor defender, monster power, fantastic discipline)
                    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                      Your love for the Red Sox really goes very far...

                      Its alright, I'm right handed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
                        1B: Doug Meincavitez
                        Mientkiewicz.

                        Mientkiewicz.

                        He was your starting first baseman and you can't spell his name?

                        that's OK, neither can most of us.

                        BTW -- how is Eckstein worse than Tony Pena, Jr?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tony Pena Jr. can play defense and doesn't need a relay man to get the ball to first base. Pena actually had a higher WARP3 than Eck... for what that's worth.
                          Originally posted by Domenic
                          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                            Congrats Chris, thats probably the worst spelling of Mientkiewicz's name ever. Ok, so I looked it up too. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
                            I got like four hours of sleep last night, and I feel due to his degree of overall lack of a redeeming quality as a baseball player he doesn't deserve to have his name spelled correctly...by the way Family Guy sucks. Get HBO watch Curb Your Enthusiasm
                            Last edited by ChrisLDuncan; 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM.
                            "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

                            "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                              Tony Pena Jr. can play defense and doesn't need a relay man to get the ball to first base. Pena actually had a higher WARP3 than Eck... for what that's worth.
                              But does he have the grit?
                              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

                              "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X