Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lust List -- who do you want to see in Boston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
    are you shitting me?LOL that certainly is an all-crap list, though juan pierre can run like a SOB
    I would love to see that team in Boston.

Leave a comment:

• JerseySoxFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by Jager View Post
    I have to say that half of the players you listed aren't very good at this point. lol. Tejada is clearly on the downside of his career, and is already losing his power. Glavines career is almost over, and he's realistically not any better than the 5 guys we have slotted to start for us. Torii Hunter is absolute garbage IMO. He's WAY overpriced, and frankly just not that good a player.

BTW, we don't really swear on this forum, so you next posts should refrain from that.
    i didn't swear? oh never mind i know what you're talkin' about srry

Leave a comment:

• Jager
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
    well i'd love to see miguel tejada or jose reyes throw on a sox cap at short.
    it'd be nice if we could get our hands on someone like glavine,oswalt, i wouldn't mind seeing erik bedard pitch for us.
    if we would finally pull the cash out of our pockets for torii hunter we'd be unstoppable

I have to say that half of the players you listed aren't very good at this point. lol. Tejada is clearly on the downside of his career, and is already losing his power. Glavines career is almost over, and he's realistically not any better than the 5 guys we have slotted to start for us. Torii Hunter is absolute garbage IMO. He's WAY overpriced, and frankly just not that good a player.

BTW, we don't really swear on this forum, so you next posts should refrain from that.

Leave a comment:

• JerseySoxFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
    Helton over Phat Albert or Ryan Howard? Anyways the players I'd like to see in Boston are:

C: Wil Nieves
    1B: Doug Meincavitez
    2B: Tony Womack
    3B: Cesar Izturis
    SS: David Eckstein
    LF: Reggie Willits
    CF: Juan Pierre
    RF: Mark Tehan
    DH: Nick Punto

Rotation:
    SP: Kyle Loshe
    SP: Carlos Silva
    SP: Orlando Hernandez
    SP: Daniel Cabrera
    SP: Jeff Karstens
    are you shitting me?LOL that certainly is an all-crap list, though juan pierre can run like a SOB

Leave a comment:

• JerseySoxFan19
    replied
    well i'd love to see miguel tejada or jose reyes throw on a sox cap at short.
    it'd be nice if we could get our hands on someone like glavine,oswalt, i wouldn't mind seeing erik bedard pitch for us.
    if we would finally pull the cash out of our pockets for torii hunter we'd be unstoppable

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    Tony Pena Jr. can play defense and doesn't need a relay man to get the ball to first base. Pena actually had a higher WARP3 than Eck... for what that's worth.
    But does he have the grit?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    Congrats Chris, thats probably the worst spelling of Mientkiewicz's name ever. Ok, so I looked it up too. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
    I got like four hours of sleep last night, and I feel due to his degree of overall lack of a redeeming quality as a baseball player he doesn't deserve to have his name spelled correctly...by the way Family Guy sucks. Get HBO watch Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Last edited by ChrisLDuncan; 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Westlake
    replied
    Tony Pena Jr. can play defense and doesn't need a relay man to get the ball to first base. Pena actually had a higher WARP3 than Eck... for what that's worth.

Leave a comment:

• Imgran
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
    Mientkiewicz.

Mientkiewicz.

He was your starting first baseman and you can't spell his name?

that's OK, neither can most of us.

BTW -- how is Eckstein worse than Tony Pena, Jr?

Leave a comment:

• Jager
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    Your love for the Red Sox really goes very far...

Its alright, I'm right handed.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Still is interesting, for sure. But I wouldn't call a 23 year old in A ball who may or may not stay at catcher a sure thing. Now, if we had a 23-24 year old having a good season in AAA, who was ready to be Varitek's backup in '08 or '09, then take over, that'd be a stud.

Still could be a good one...just a matter of when, and how his defense comes around. He's worth watching for sure. Any word on where he'll start 2008?

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
    http://www.soxprospects.com/players/still-jon.htm

Pure stud.

As a contemporary of Lars Anderson and with a glut of 1B talent at and above hi level, Still will get a chance to pass or fail as a catcher, and he's already got a decent shot at Piazza status as it is (poor defender, monster power, fantastic discipline)

Leave a comment:

• Westlake
    replied
    Congrats Chris, thats probably the worst spelling of Mientkiewicz's name ever. Ok, so I looked it up too. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    deleted post
    Last edited by ChrisLDuncan; 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Imgran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
    I'd agree a young catcher with a lot of promise would be nice right now. The Red Sox have decent depth at catcher in the minor leagues, but there isn't someone who's ready to be annointed "catcher of the future".
    http://www.soxprospects.com/players/still-jon.htm

Pure stud.

As a contemporary of Lars Anderson and with a glut of 1B talent at and above hi level, Still will get a chance to pass or fail as a catcher, and he's already got a decent shot at Piazza status as it is (poor defender, monster power, fantastic discipline)

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    Helton over Phat Albert or Ryan Howard? Anyways the players I'd like to see in Boston are:

C: Wil Nieves
    2B: Tony Womack
    3B: Cesar Izturis
    SS: David Eckstein
    LF: Reggie Willits
    CF: Juan Pierre
    RF: Mark Tehan
    DH: Nick Punto

Rotation:
    SP: Kyle Loshe
    SP: Carlos Silva