Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okajima 37th Gagne 20th??

wtf is wrong with this ranking?
    Last edited by Lukkkkkkaz; 02-08-2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: mlb.com>FANTASY PREVIEW

How about the fact that you tried to post a javascript link in a BBcode board?

Comment

i dunno how to put this link if u do fell free to..but anyway just go to mlb.com and look for fantasy preview

Comment

Gagne's going to be overestimated for a long time, I can't believe that Canuck son of a stink bomb got 10 mil on the market, even this market.

Comment

why? for me gagne is a complete mess

Comment

He still throws faster than 90 miles an hour and for some that's all they need to see, plus numbers he hasn't duplicated in 3 years, to get excited about him all over again each year. Why not, after all? He took us in to the cost of 2 B-level prospects and a very talented teenager.

Comment

Keep in mind it's also a fantasy ranking, not simply who the better pitcher right now is. Based on that Gagne is actually more valuable because he's slotted in as the Brew Crew closer and has the potential for saves, while Okajima has little potential for saves. Also, people are still hoping he can just get the old magic back.
              "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
              -Don Fehr

Comment

Exactly. Gagne is much more valuable for fantasy baseball than Okajima. Gagne can get all the saves, where Okajima will hardly get any.

Comment

I still think Okajima will get more saves.

--J.D.

Comment

That's only really possible if Gagne gets hurt for the season in April/

But then, it *is* Gagne.

Comment

well that saving potential is bigger for gagne only because he has more power??
                      i dont know dude its just that i really like okajima stuff i think that his pitching mechanic REALLy cool..i just wanna see him playing for at least two or more season for the red sox of course only if he still plays good ball

Comment

All jokes aside, it is just that Okajima will be playing "set-up man" far more often. Assuming Gagne acts as closer, by pure chance he should get more saves. However, if his "issues" last year were secondary to him not being able to use "performance enhancing drugs," then he may, indeed, not play through the season. Prior to that revelation, I wondered if he simply could not handle the pressure of pitching for a "big market team" like Boston.

Though "stranger things"--Dice-K has more World Series RBIs than A-Rod. . . .

Comment

Lukkkkkkaz not because he has more power, but because Gagne will be the Brewers closer to start the season, and Okajima is only a setup man. Personally I see Okajima being very good again this year, but he won't get many saves. I think this past year he only had 3, so Gagne has a better (potential) fantasy impact.

As far as seeing Okajima in Boston for a couple more years, if I'm not mistaken, I think the Sox signed him to a 3 year deal, so he should still have 2 more years, and if he's solid, the Sox will definetely re-sign him. It's hard to find good relievers, especially left handed pitchers, so the Sox would certainly look to lock him up for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor X View Post

Though "stranger things"--Dice-K has more World Series RBIs than A-Rod. . . .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X