Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    Yep, agreed.

Seriously, WHY does he need to start the season in AAA? I dont get that either. Especially if his innings cap is 180 -- how many #5 starters throw that many innings nowadays?
    I think the only reason he's being contemplated to start in AAA is to measure how he passed through the offseason and work on his fastball location -- probably Buchholz' one and only weakness. If they're satisfied he'll be up in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
      That is insane. Buchholz is cleared for 180 innings -- that's a full-time MLB starter's workload, especially out of the 5 spot where his starts get skipped occasionally. This team needs t odo what it does best in order to win games, not to develop third-tier AAAA pitchers. If Hansack comes into the picture as one of the 5 best options to take a start at some point, so be it, but this isn't the minors and playing time is earned.
      i'm just saying it could be good if we give those guys a decent shot in the bigs. maybe someone will get hurt. i just think devern might show us something if we give him a chance

Comment

One thing you can count on is that over a 162 game season someone will get hurt. Wakefield being probably the most likely candidate. We'll be glad of Hansack.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X