Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's the most wonderful time, of the year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
    Doesn't it seem like yesterday that the Bosox steamrolled their way to the WS win??
    Funny how it goes by so fast when they win

I hope that Lowell didn't gain 20 pounds from being the star attraction at 100 rubber chicken dinners...
    Well if it was rubber chicken dinners I think he might have lost a few pounds- I doubt he could keep it down!!!
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Like the Spring Training of 2005, the ST of 2008 is a chance to reflect back on a World Series run. This is when it really settles in for me, that the Sox are Champions. Something about the process of sizing up the new season makes the Series title a bit sweeter and I feel as if if finally is mine (in that sense that all of us fans own it).

Happy Spring Training to all.

Comment

and to all a division championship

Comment

Originally posted by sharrock View Post
          Like the Spring Training of 2005, the ST of 2008 is a chance to reflect back on a World Series run. This is when it really settles in for me, that the Sox are Champions. Something about the process of sizing up the new season makes the Series title a bit sweeter and I feel as if if finally is mine (in that sense that all of us fans own it).

Happy Spring Training to all.
          Funny that some were yakking that the Red Sox won it but they could do better...so they went out and earned the division. And the best record in the AL. And then the best record in MLB.

Now what do they have to do besides win the World Series? Win 100 games for the first time since '46?
          Best posts ever:

Comment

Originally posted by efin98 View Post
            Funny that some were yakking that the Red Sox won it but they could do better...so they went out and earned the division. And the best record in the AL. And then the best record in MLB.

Now what do they have to do besides win the World Series? Win 100 games for the first time since '46?
            They have to pick up the standard from the fallen Pats and complete the first unbeaten season in MLB history!!!!
            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

They have to pick up the standard from the fallen Pats and complete the first unbeaten season in MLB history!!!!
              please i'm begging you don't mention that again for the sake of my health

Comment

Impossible, but the best season ever by an MLB team would be close enough...
                Best posts ever:

Comment

This is off-topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for it. When is the draft? For whatever reason I can never remember.

I can't wait for this season. I'm back up in Mass now, and I'll be able to catch a couple of games at Fenway, and Pawtuckett. I can't wait.

Comment

I voted for Loewen, but perhaps Hayden Penn?
                    sigpic
                    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by Jager View Post
                      This is off-topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for it. When is the draft? For whatever reason I can never remember.
                      I believe the draft is June 5th and 6th Jager.

And I gotta say I love this time of the year. Living in AZ, I get to catch cactus league games.

Now if I can just talk the Sox into moving ST to AZ

Go Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by efin98 View Post

That's a good point. What would the Sox have to do for an encore? Hitting the century mark would be a good one, but there's a reason that only comes around once in a long while. Winning back-to-back would be a good one, too. They are definitely in a position to accomplish that. Beating the Mets in October would be a personal joy, but that depends upon the Mets getting there, too. Of course, they are also in a position to accomplish that.

When you look at potential team accomplishments, there are only a few that come to mind while the slate is blank. I'm sure that as the season unfolds a few will come to mind. I think, however, that we might find ourselves looking for some solid individual performances. Beckett, Papelbon, Buchholz, Ellsbury, there are lots of chances for some great individual performances. I'd like to see someone emerge as a triple crown threat--and Ellsbury could still emerge as ROTY. So much possibility! It's still strange looking at the season ahead and knowing that "Maybe this year" isn't just an empty wish.

2007 World Series Champions
                        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon View Post
                          That's a good point. What would the Sox have to do for an encore? Hitting the century mark would be a good one, but there's a reason that only comes around once in a long while. Winning back-to-back would be a good one, too. They are definitely in a position to accomplish that. Beating the Mets in October would be a personal joy, but that depends upon the Mets getting there, too. Of course, they are also in a position to accomplish that.

When you look at potential team accomplishments, there are only a few that come to mind while the slate is blank. I'm sure that as the season unfolds a few will come to mind. I think, however, that we might find ourselves looking for some solid individual performances. Beckett, Papelbon, Buchholz, Ellsbury, there are lots of chances for some great individual performances. I'd like to see someone emerge as a triple crown threat--and Ellsbury could still emerge as ROTY. So much possibility! It's still strange looking at the season ahead and knowing that "Maybe this year" isn't just an empty wish.
                          100 wins then doesn't mean as much, then I'm all for them sweeping the individual awards(came close last year...)

Papi or Manny getting MVP, Beckett or Dice K getting Cy Young, Ellsbury getting Rookie of the Year(he is eligible this year!) just to start
                          Best posts ever:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X