Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite piece of Sox gear?(jersey,jacket,cap etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite piece of Sox gear?(jersey,jacket,cap etc.)

Do you have a favorite piece of Sox apparel? (jersey, jacket, T-shirt or cap)

Do you prefer home or away jerseys? Do you like the red alternates? What about those St. Patricks' Day green ones?

Something that you love to wear to games, or just out and about?

Maybe it was a gift and has sentimental value.

Mine was a gift from my wife and oldest son this year. A Red Sox World Series Champion jacket. http://www.wilsonsleather.com/produc...entPage=family

I LOVE it. I've wanted a jacket like that for many years, and told myself that if they ever won the World Series, I'd finally get one. But still I resisted, as these kind of jackets usually go for about $300. I just couldn't justify spending that much. So I was thrilled that I got it as a gift, and that it was a great deal as well.

So what's your favorite?
    Ken :gt

Would it surprise you that I don't have any?

I must admit that I like the Red Sox jacket for away games (navy blue).

Comment

I have a couple of Sox player shirts, but my favorite is my faded Trot Nixon shirt, which I sent away for after he won the May 2000 Pedro/Clemens duel with that beautiful 9th inning homer.

I also really like my Red Sox jacket, which always makes me feel good to wear.

I lost my favorite cap... wore it to Fenway in August '03, and it was way too hot to wear it, so I put it in my bag from the Souvenir Store...and somewhere along the way it fell out... I loved that hat. I've never been able to find another one just like it.
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

I'm one of the few that actually likes the red jersey (I actually think it's underused). I have all 4 authentic jerseys (home, road, red alt and b.p.) but my favourite piece is still (and will always be) my Cowboy up T-shirt. (Unless I could find one of the ones from 2005, "Tell 'em we're coming....")
        "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

Comment

I (sadly) have too few pieces of Red Sox clothing but my favorite has to be m hats. I have a Fenway Park All Star Game 99 hat, no I wasn't there unfortuately, but I bought the hat a few years ago really cheap at Olympia sport. I also have a plain red hat with the B on it that like just like wearing around and lastly I have a Curt's Pitch for ALS hat, which while not technically a Red Sox hat, I consider it as such since he is pitching for the Sox, that hat has personal value since my grandfather had ALS.
          "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
          -Don Fehr

Comment

I have two Donruss baseball card holders that I got at giveaways back in 1992 and 1993, back when they still gave away good stuff for free

One has Dan Duquette's signature from the 1995 open house(or whatever it was called) that the team held at Fenway Park and on Landsdowne Street and the other has cards from multiple Red Sox players from the 80s and early 90s.
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

A replica 1974 hat, like the one Rico is wearing in the pic. I love this hat. Apparently I am the only one.

1903 - 1912 - 1915 - 1916 - 1918 - 2004 - 2007 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by KingNothing13
                A replica 1974 hat, like the one Rico is wearing in the pic. I love this hat. Apparently I am the only one.

I've never seen that hat before, nor that picture (I wonder if it's available for sale somewhere?).

As for me, other than my Red Sox "flex fit" hat, I don't have much. I've never been one to get decked out in a bunch of Red Sox gear to go to games, so that's probably the reason for a lack of that kind of "stuff".

Now, if you wanna talk cards, autographs, pennants, books, bobbleheads, etc., then that's a completely different story!

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                  Now, if you wanna talk cards, autographs, pennants, books, bobbleheads, etc., then that's a completely different story!
                  Let's hear it, pesky!
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                    I've never seen that hat before, nor that picture (I wonder if it's available for sale somewhere?).
                    yeah, they didn't wear it for many games. I had a friend that grew up in Boston around that time, and was always at the games, he said they wore them on opening day, and the crowd hated them.

I like it.

I found it on ebay a few years ago. The first time I saw it was at the Fenway gift shop in the mid 90's. But I didnt buy it at the time, as I didnt know it was a legit cap. I thought it was a "show" cap as I call them. (Pretty much anything non-game cap style).
                    1903 - 1912 - 1915 - 1916 - 1918 - 2004 - 2007 - 2013

Comment

As far as I know, that hat was worn only during the 1974 season.

It is indeed currently available.

http://www.yawkeywaystore.com/catego...?categoryID=41
                      Ken :gt

Comment

Hats: Regular gameday fitted, World Series 2004 fitted, Opening Day 2005 fitted

My two jereseys:

Jason Varitek, Authentic Home

Roger Clemens, 1987 Authentic Home (with the Fenway Park 75th anniversary patch)

And I have all the newspapers from the 2004 World Series, the magazines, programs, etc.

Comment

my fav bit of clothing i own is the home jersey as it was the first piece of baseball clothing i owned. I'm considering splashing out and buying the alternate but there fairly expensive for a cash strapped student like me
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                          [/SIZE]

Comment

my favorite bit of clothing I own is a trot nixon shirt my father got me.
                            followed closely by a "Jesus hates the yankees" shirt my mother bought me.

jerseys, I only own 1, it's a Tek st paddy's day jersey.

I don't like buying jerseys because players get traded, but Tek is my favorite player of this era of baseball.

I also have a habit of buying a new hat every year, but in 2004 I kept the same hat from 2003 because I liked it so much, and ever since then I have kept it. 3 years now....wow....I never thought of that til now haha. now I know why my wife thinks it smells bad.
                            Lifelong Redsox Fan

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X