No announcement yet.

GM Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't want to overuse that argument, but in Tek's case so many different pitchers have credited him for helping them that you have to give it some credence. I don't notice a huge drop when Belli catches though -- although I did during Lopez' lamentable Boston career so maybe that just means Belli's pretty good at that stuff too.

I guess he'd have to be -- it's hard to call a game when your battery-mate has an arsenal like Wake's.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
      you don't want to overuse that argument, but in Tek's case so many different pitchers have credited him for helping them that you have to give it some credence. I don't notice a huge drop when Belli catches though -- although I did during Lopez' lamentable Boston career so maybe that just means Belli's pretty good at that stuff too.

I guess he'd have to be -- it's hard to call a game when your battery-mate has an arsenal like Wake's.
      I agree. I prefer not putting too much emphasis on that type of argument, but when you're discussing a player's value, this aspect of the game should be consider along with statistic. Statistic alone which make Varitek and majority of catchers look mediocre outside Mauer and Martin in terms of offensive production.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X