Mike Lowell Signed Through 2010!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Lowell Signed Through 2010!

Despite rumors that he would accept nothing less than a 4-year deal, Mike Lowell is returning for $37.5 million over 3 years. Given what the Yankees are paying for their 3rd baseman, I think we're getting a bargain. After all, at least we can boast that ours has a World Series MVP to show for it.

2007 World Series Champions
    The Boston Red Sox

Why this thread now? Why not back in November when it was news?

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
      Why this thread now? Why not back in November when it was news?
      Because it's a slow news cycle and the ink is fresh.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Actually although I'll never claim to be the world's most careful reader, I thought I saw that that deal was consummated back in November and this was just Mike Lowell talking about how he intended to fill the expectations of the contract.

Comment

Actually although I'll never claim to be the world's most careful reader, I thought I saw that that deal was consummated back in November and this was just Mike Lowell talking about how he intended to fill the expectations of the contract.
          That's exactly what the article is...along with him talking about his homeland and his happiness in Boston.
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

For some weird reason, both the Boston Globe and MLB.com ran stories on Mike Lowell over the last few days. They probably pulled the info from the AP newswire or something. In any event, I responded by posting here. FWIW, I don't think there was anything earth-shattering in either article. Now that the dissertation is behind me and I'm settled into my new job, I'm trying to be a more engaged mod. I'm also very excited about being able to follow a new season more closely than was possible for me last year.

What's more, I think the fact that we're dragging this discussion out (and that it's turning into a discussion about me) just goes to show how slow the news cycle is.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon View Post
              What's more, I think the fact that we're dragging this discussion out (and that it's turning into a discussion about me) just goes to show how slow the news cycle is.
              The slow news cycle is the same reason that Manny "talking with reporters" and the Coco vs. Jacoby "saga" is news...simply have to write something between now and the first games.
              Best posts ever:

Comment

Couldn't Manny and Papi get into a fistfight to give us something more interesting to talk about?!?!?
                "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                  Couldn't Manny and Papi get into a fistfight to give us something more interesting to talk about?!?!?
                  Tavarez needs to punch someone again.

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                    Nah, let them be on the straight and narrow and let the "writers" do the fighting...why hurt someone who is of value to the team when you can have people who are good for nothing else be the brunt of the news for once
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

Tavarez needs to punch someone again.
                      For some reason, I like this idea. It might cause the Red Sox to hurry Buchholz into the Bigs.

Do you think we could get an Izzy Alcantra drop kick out of him?

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X