2008 Red Sox Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Red Sox Game thread

Can't believe no one had started one yet. Anyways, The Sox destroyed BC 24-0 in 7 innings, and the other side of the split squad beat Northeastern 15-0, also in 7. Here is the rest of the Sox Spring Training schedule:
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/spring_...e.jsp?c_id=bos

And the Regular Season schedule:
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/schedul...bos&m=4&y=2008

Life is good!

Youk, Kottaras and Varitek got home runs, 6 RBI between them, Crisp stole a base, Ortiz looks fit..must be, to squeeze into a motorcycle sidecar, John Henry sending bigmouth a membership in RSN is inspired! The radio guys are practicing "Can you believe it?"

Snow on the ground, but spring is here.
    Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
    Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

the most wonderful time of the year

Comment

Interesting pictures of Papi and the team in Japan.:
        http://mlb.mlb.com/gen/photogallery/...cf2449351.html

Comment

Watching the game against the Hanshin Tigers on MLB.TV has been fun. i've decided that the Japanese announcers are sweet. Anyways, the offesne is kicking with the early 4-0 lead.
          2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS

My baseball blog at thepitch.h-team.us. Back after a total redesign.

Comment

Why are these exhibition games not on NESN or ESPN? I could watch on MLB.TV, but I rather not since I rather watch the games on my HDTV.

Comment

Well, i'm going to throw out guesses on stats for this year and see how close I come..

Varitek: .278/.348/.433
              Youkilis: .284/.380/.436
              Pedroia: .309/.378/.457
              Lugo: .274/.329/.395
              Lowell: .292/.341/.485
              Drew: .298/.407/.500
              Ellsbury: .310/.360/.388
              Ramirez: .301/.396/.576
              Ortiz: .293/.397/.569

Beckett: 166 IP, 3.32 ERA, 180 K, 37 BB, 1.18 WHIP
              Matsuzaka: 209 IP, 3.58 ERA, 220 K, 69 BB, 1.28 WHIP
              Wakefield: 168 IP, 4.87 ERA, 108 K, 72 BB, 1.40 WHIP
              Lester: 138 IP, 4.38 ERA, 107 K, 67 BB, 1.39 WHIP
              Buchholz: 171 IP, 3.49 ERA, 163 K, 58 BB, 1.26 WHIP
              Schilling: 86 IP, 4.72 ERA, 68 K, 15 BB, 1.31 WHIP

There are some lofty expectations for Matsuzaka, Buchholz, Pedroia, Drew, and Ramirez. And some drop off for Schilling, Ortiz, Youkilis, Varitek -- and nothing from Lugo, but that's what we got last year.

This is if all these players play out the whole season, which won't happen. I think injuries could be our downfall, and give the division to the Yankees who seem to be healthier and deeper this season. If we stay pretty healthy, then I'd take the Sox in the division.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Oh, and I won't be sleeping tonight... anyone else staying up to watch the game?
                Originally posted by Domenic
                The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble getting NESN? It's weird - it came in okay last night when I checked the schedule, but not today. ESPN2, also showing the game, will not come in. I see that Oakland now leads 2-0 but have no idea how the runs were scored.
                  --Annie
                  Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                  Remember Yellowdog
                  ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                    Is anyone else having trouble getting NESN? It's weird - it came in okay last night when I checked the schedule, but not today. ESPN2, also showing the game, will not come in. I see that Oakland now leads 2-0 but have no idea how the runs were scored.
                    Annie,
                    Check my post in this short thread: http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75217

It too lists my frustration with NOT getting the game on tv. My satellite keeps saying "Searching for signal".
                    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                      Annie,
                      Check my post in this short thread: http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75217

It too lists my frustration with NOT getting the game on tv. My satellite keeps saying "Searching for signal".
                      Mine, too. I'd expect ESPN2 to be blacked out, since I can get NESN, but neither one will come in. All I get is this stupid DirecTV logo bouncing around the screen.
                      --Annie
                      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                      Remember Yellowdog
                      ABNY

Comment

Matsuzaka looks very bad but he does seem to be gradually settling down.

Comment

Manny! Manny!
                          sigpic
                          Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                          Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

How about that Brandon Moss?

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
                              How about that Brandon Moss?
                              Who? Oh, you mean the prospect who has fallen through the cracks thanks to the big four fielders! Almost forgot that he was still around with the Sox!

Nice highlight to have on his resume for when trade talks come around...
                              Best posts ever:
                              Originally posted by nymdan
                              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X