Schilling on DL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
    Well Schilling being the guy that he is probably wants to pitch. I don't know if he's gonna pitch or not. I'm just trying to stay optimistic about Curt. Sure he's a loudmouth and he speaks his mind, not trying trying to be a jerk or anything it's just in my opinion that Schill wouldn't criticize the Sox for injuring his arm and I don't think we'd pressure him into pitching. Remember people just an opinion not trying to start a war or make a guy mad.
    Actually, he wanted to have the season ending surgery (because that is likely in his best interest), and was later talked into Rehab. Although,I'm sure he doesn't want to not pitch.
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballHeavy View Post
      They did sign Holdzkom and place him on the 40-man roster.
      I believe he wasn't technically a FA, but had been selected by the Phillies in the Rule 5 draft and then returned. In the Rule 5, if a player isn't going to be on the selecting clubs active roster, they have to offer him back to his former team.

Anyway, Holdzkom is 26, has never pitched in the majors, and has played in the Florida and Chicago Cubs systems before playing in the Red Sox system in 2007. He's been almost exclusively a reliver in his career, and has a career ERA of 2.71 in 177 minor league games (269 IP).

Not sure why, but 2006 (at age 24) was his first taste of AA ball. That seems kinda slow. In 2007 for the Sox, he pitched in AA (30 G, 3.47 ERA) and AAA (12 G, 1.59 ERA).

Not sure what he throws, but he's a decent sized guy (listed at 6'4", 240 lbs).

Here's a link to this minor league stats at Baseball-Reference.com.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
        Well Schilling being the guy that he is probably wants to pitch. I don't know if he's gonna pitch or not. I'm just trying to stay optimistic about Curt. Sure he's a loudmouth and he speaks his mind, not trying trying to be a jerk or anything it's just in my opinion that Schill wouldn't criticize the Sox for injuring his arm and I don't think we'd pressure him into pitching. Remember people just an opinion not trying to start a war or make a guy mad.

Personally, I think everyone can put the whole "is Schilling going to pitch this year" junk to bed. He's not going to pitch barring a miracle. When's the last time you saw someone blow out his shoulder, and come back by the All Star Break? Never! There's no way he would have been back if he had the surgery, and the Sox knew that, so they told him not to have the surgery. Why not? Either way it doesn't really effect anything. He's not coming back this year. Everyone needs to get used to the idea of this WHOLE season without Schilling. He's not pitching for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
          Not sure what he throws, but he's a decent sized guy (listed at 6'4", 240 lbs).

Here's a link to this minor league stats at Baseball-Reference.com.

Then that's the guy I want on the team when a brawl breaks out. lol. He's a pretty big boy. lol. I'd love to see him and Farnsworth go at it. lmao.

Comment

If Schilling REALLY wanted the surgery and not the rehab, he could have just retired and had the surgery. Then he could have come back as a FA next year if things went well.
            The crux of the problem was the Schilling seemed to want to have the surgery and have the Bosox pay him, too. I'm sure that he could have had the surgery under contract, but the team probably would have done all they could to void the deal in that circumstance. Who knows if they would have succeeded.
            Schilling should be a very wealthy man who could have forfeited this year's money without jeopardizing his golden years. Maybe he was counting on his salary as capital for his gaming company?
            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X