No announcement yet.

A shame that Sox fans are treated like garbage in Tampa Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, now I still think it was just a jerk usher but reading some of you guys post you make a good point. I think if you do pay for the ticket you should be able to root for what ever team you want, the home team shouldn't do anything to fans of the away team to stop them from rooting against the home team. It dosen't really make good bussiness sence.
    39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
    2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
      AWWWWWW!!!!! Do you want me call the Wah-bulance??? So he got a prick Usher, why not go to Yankee stadium where the ushers are pricks to everyone! Come on give me a break!! What a baby! Why where they chanting Yankees suck at a Rays redsox game that's retarded!

If he wants something to complain about, why dosen't he go to a Glasgow or Brazilian Football game wearing the other teams color.
      I do agree he over-reacted. If he had problem with a usher, call his boss. There's no reason to check a ticket more than once, if the person currently in their seat their ticket stated, then the ticket not going to change the next time you check.

It's retarded to you, but the people are entitled to chant the phrase, even if it's irrelevant in a game the Yankees aren't present. If people complain about it, what does that make them? Babies, too? I find the phrase being chanted irrelevant, too. I'll just ignore it. It only becomes a problem if that fan getting into my face or obscure my view of the game because he's standing the entire team. Otherwise, it's not difficult to ignore people. People just have a difficult time at it. You'll run into rude fans, even fans of the team you like, you just ignore them. Call a usher if they're causing you a problem. By chanting "Yankees sucks!" isn't exactly causing you a problem, you just find it stupid. Should I call a usher, because I find boo'ing stupid, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
        I do agree he over-reacted. If he had problem with a usher, call his boss. There's no reason to check a ticket more than once, if the person currently in their seat their ticket stated, then the ticket not going to change the next time you check.

It's retarded to you, but the people are entitled to chant the phrase, even if it's irrelevant in a game the Yankees aren't present. If people complain about it, what does that make them? Babies, too? I find the phrase being chanted irrelevant, too. I'll just ignore it. It only becomes a problem if that fan getting into my face or obscure my view of the game because he's standing the entire team. Otherwise, it's not difficult to ignore people. People just have a difficult time at it. You'll run into rude fans, even fans of the team you like, you just ignore them. Call a usher if they're causing you a problem. By chanting "Yankees sucks!" isn't exactly causing you a problem, you just find it stupid. Should I call a usher, because I find boo'ing stupid, too?
        I know people can chant whatever they want, and it's not something to go to an usher for. It's just stupid, I just dosen't make any sence to me. I hate when Yankee fan chant redsox suck when they aren't playing them, I hate if they chant"18-1" at baseball games. and yes I do find it stupid and wussy to call an usher over if he hear someone chanting it. I wasn't saying that they should call an usher over if you don't like the chantting it's just stupid to do it at a game the yanks aren't playing.
        39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
        2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
          We hate you...because you act like buffoons and morons when you come into our park. Show some respect. You are visiting another persons' "home".
          Indeed, YOU are visiting another team's forum. Behave and show some respect instead of calling them buffoons and morons.

Look who's talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
            Indeed, YOU are visiting another team's forum. Behave and show some respect instead of calling them buffoons and morons.

Look who's talking.
            Please read my post again and note the (significant) difference between saying a person is acting like a moron, and saying a person is a moron.
            4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

Please read my post again and note the (significant) difference between saying a person is acting like a moron, and saying a person is a moron.
              Well, as long as you're only saying we act like morons, it's all good.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                I agree that a Rays fan in Fenway or Yankee could probably expect a lot worse, though.
                I've spent years going to Yankee Stadium and Shea wearing Brewers colors when the Crew comes to town, and I've never gotten an ounce of grief from anybody.

I go to a lot of Yankee games, and I've never seen an opposing fan heckled. Not even in the concourse after a Yankee loss.

This is outrageous, and the usher should have been reported. If he wouldn't show his ID tag, one of the fans should have gone to another usher and asked to see their supervisor - I highly doubt that they are all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by six4three View Post
                  I've spent years going to Yankee Stadium and Shea wearing Brewers colors when the Crew comes to town, and I've never gotten an ounce of grief from anybody.

I go to a lot of Yankee games, and I've never seen an opposing fan heckled. Not even in the concourse after a Yankee loss.

This is outrageous, and the usher should have been reported. If he wouldn't show his ID tag, one of the fans should have gone to another usher and asked to see their supervisor - I highly doubt that they are all bad.
                  Wow...I'm surprised. However, my only experiences at Yankee have been at Red Sox games as a Sox fan, and I can assure you that there was plenty of abuse, directed at my group and others. But, Yanks fans get the same at Fenway.
                  I would have figured that you'd hear something from the crowd even as a Brewers fan, but you obviously know better than me. Guess a Rays fan would probably be fine there, too, then.

EDIT...well, I wonder now...Rays are the same division as the Yanks. Might be more intense than the (now NL) Brew Crew.
                  Last edited by hellborn; 04-29-2008, 06:01 PM.
                  "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

IMO, saying that someone is acting like a moron is bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by six4three View Post

He had an ID tag..but it was on a lanyard around his neck and I personally couldn't get a good look at it. No idea if anybody else was. What got me was his attitude toiwards the guy who was allegedly cursing, even tho all of us said we heard nothing. "I'm only following up on a report..there are children here"..then he glares at the guy and said "consider yourself warned. Next time you will be ejected." He definitely had an attitude problem. He probably figures the guy was down from Boston and won't be coming back.
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                        IMO, saying that someone is acting like a moron is bad enough.
                        Well, at that point we're simply going to have to agree to disagree.
                        4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

Well, at that point we're simply going to have to agree to disagree.
                          As usual?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X