the Sox alternate red jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Sox alternate red jersey

is there a name on the back ?..im wanting to buy my son an authentic alternate sox jersey
    LOYAL TO THE D
    from the corner to foxtown

16 sawx fans viewed but no one knows the answer...come on Boston fans help out an old Tiger ..i dont want to put Ortiz name on the shirt if they dont have them on the shirt ( i cant believe my sons a Sox fan...i slipped up somewhere )
    LOYAL TO THE D

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen them wear it on the road, and they never wear jerseys with names on the back on home. Go to shop.mlb.com and click personalized jerseys. Pick the alternate one, click customize, and you can pick a player.
      Last edited by BoSox Rule; 04-29-2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox Rule View Post
        I don't think I've ever seen them wear it on the road, and they never wear jerseys with names on the back on home. Go to shop.mlb.com and click personalized jerseys. Pick the alternate one, click customize, and you can pick a player.
        thanks...im certain they`ve never worn it on the road so just a # it is
        LOYAL TO THE D

Comment

(Leave it to the visiting Orioles fan to know this...but hey, I collect GU Jerseys!)
          The red alternate is a home jersey only, and does not have a name on back. Visually, it's very similar to last year's BP jersey, which did have NOB. The gamer has blue/white letters and numbers, and the BP was the opposite.

Personally, I think the Red Sox should add a blue alternate "Boston" jersey to the set.
          4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
            (Leave it to the visiting Orioles fan to know this...but hey, I collect GU Jerseys!)
            The red alternate is a home jersey only, and does not have a name on back. Visually, it's very similar to last year's BP jersey, which did have NOB. The gamer has blue/white letters and numbers, and the BP was the opposite.

Personally, I think the Red Sox should add a blue alternate "Boston" jersey to the set.
            Only if the Yankees add a red one. :cap:
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Alas I think the exact opposite. They should drop the Red Alternate. White at home, grey on the road. Simple and elegant.
              Author of The Smoking Lounge
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                Only if the Yankees add a red one. :cap:
                I like the Yankee$ uniforms about as much as I like these new pop up ads that get past my blocker.

Originally posted by ColbyPants View Post
                Alas I think the exact opposite. They should drop the Red Alternate. White at home, grey on the road. Simple and elegant.
                One man's simple and elegant is another man's boring. I'm not a fan of the Astro's "rainbow" jerseys, but I do like to see some color on the field...and not just in the team name and numbers on the jerseys.

Comment

the 2 best unis in the majors are the Tigers and Yankees....
                  LOYAL TO THE D

Comment

The alternate also has blue piping around the neck and down the front, ala the red piping on the regular home whites.

Have they worn the red's this season?

yawkeywaystore.com has a few authentics on clearance, they are by the old manufacturer Russell, as opposed to Majestic who makes the jerseys now. They are $75, compared to $225.

I picked up a #18, which technically is a Damon jersey, (Russell was the official supplier in 2004, the date of the jersey, Majestic took over in 2005 I believe?) but I call it a Matsuzaka jersey. :-)
                    1903 - 1912 - 1915 - 1916 - 1918 - 2004 - 2007 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by OldeEnglishFan View Post
                      Tigers road is among the best, although I'm not fond of the full-block numbers. Home is classic, but very, very plain. They have so many possibilities for an alternate jersey. I could whip up about five without even thinking all that hard.
                      Yankee$ uniforms are just...awful. Hate 'em, both for who wears 'em and for what they look like.

Comment

Tigers road is among the best, although I'm not fond of the full-block numbers. Home is classic, but very, very plain. They have so many possibilities for an alternate jersey. I could whip up about five without even thinking all that hard.
                        Yankee$ uniforms are just...awful. Hate 'em, both for who wears 'em and for what they look like.
                        i prefer unis to be very underdone (if that makes sense )...love the olde english D, the NY logo, the white sox SOX logo etc..im not into the bright fancy looking unis ( Astros have about 6 different jerseys, padres, brewers, d-backs etc )
                        LOYAL TO THE D

Comment

I like the Wilson Varsity font for the Tigers only because its a link to their long past of wearing Wilson uniforms (I know, terrible reason, but I miss the days of different manufacturers). But like you saw on the CCSLC board, You're not alone in the opinion of using the standard block (or another font) for the Tigers.

Agreed- numbers only for the Sox red jersey and no, never worn on the road. And yes, 2005 was the first year for Majestic Game uniforms for the Sox.
                          "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

Comment

best ever: houston astros rainbow 70s
                            Buy cheap MLB tickets at:
                            ScalperNation.com

Buy Red Sox tickets on facebook:
                            Red Sox Tickets app

Comment

i prefer unis to be very underdone (if that makes sense )...love the olde english D, the NY logo, the white sox SOX logo etc..im not into the bright fancy looking unis ( Astros have about 6 different jerseys, padres, brewers, d-backs etc )

Someone who seems to share my taste, YAY! The alternate uniform craze (while occasionally nice) has gone too far. I bring up the Padres Camo uni forth as an example. Yeesh!

Author of The Smoking Lounge
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X