Yo-Yo released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo-Yo released

What a long, strange trip it's been. Julian Tavarez was released by the Sox at his request.:
    Tavarez balks on PawSox and becomes free agent
    OAKLAND, Calif. — Julian Tavarez, who only a few days ago elected to accept an assignment to Triple-A Pawtucket, has had a change of heart and has instead elected free agency.

Tavarez, who was designated for assignment earlier this month, cleared waivers earlier this week and, as a vested veteran, had the option of becoming a free agent or being assigned to Pawtucket. Either way, the Red Sox were responsible for his $3.75-million salary for this season.

Tavarez initially accepted the assignment with the hope that he could be recalled by the Sox during the course of the season. The Red Sox had informed Tavarez that, even if he accepted the minor-league assignment, they wouldn’t stand in the way if a team expressed an interest in him for a major-league spot.

He was expected to report to McCoy Thursday, but called and told the team that he had changed his mind and would become a free agent.

If he signs elsewhere, the Red Sox would get a small bit of salary relief, saving about $130,000, or the pro-rated share of the major-league minimum.

Among the teams that had indicated an interest in either dealing for him or claiming him on waivers were Colorado, Milwaukee and Baltimore.

So he walks away and joins one of the teams that look like they will be making their post season tee times in August...
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

If Joba Chamberlain is becoming a starter, I think Tavarez could join the Yankees bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by BenHertz View Post
        If Joba Chamberlain is becoming a starter, I think Tavarez could join the Yankees bullpen.
        ONE could only hope!!!!!
        It is 9:46 p.m.

Vin Scully with the call: Two and 2 to Harvey Kuenn, one strike away. Sandy into his windup, here's the pitch.....

Swung on and missed, a perfect game!!

check out my personal ballpark photography site
        www.ballparks.phanfare.com

Comment

I honestly wish him well with the Brewers. I never much liked him but his time with the Red Sox allowed me to see that he is more goofy than stupid, more wound-tight than mean-spirited or angry.

So good luck, Yo-Yo.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X