Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

The Rays and Yanks have a 2 game series this week.
    Does a Red Sox fan root for the Rays against the hated Yankees?
    Or heaven forbid, for the Yankees against the 1st place Rays?
    Its an interesting dilemma.
    A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Not exactly.

The team that's ahead of your team needs to lose for you to catch them. Who's ahead of the Boston Red Sox? Tampa Bay. It's not difficult to known who you prefer to lose in this two game series.

Comment

It is if you've spent your entire baseball fandom hating the team you're supposed to want to win.

Go Rays. We'll make up the games another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
        It is if you've spent your entire baseball fandom hating the team you're supposed to want to win.

Here, Here!
        "Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson, Esquire (March 1, 1978)

Comment

If you want to hate a baseball team. I never bother.

I want to see the Yankee lose, too, but I prefer Boston winning by a large margin. For Boston to win, they need to take the division lead from Tampa. It shouldn't be a difficult decision on who you want to lose in a Tampa and New York series.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
            If you want to hate a baseball team. I never bother.
            I understand that position but cannot share it. If the Yankees were cellar-dwellers for a generation I'd still want them to lose every single game they played. It's not exactly like I can never be happy wqhile the Yankees win, but watching them lose always brings that special, happy, vindictive little glow.

Comment

I understand that position but cannot share it. If the Yankees were cellar-dwellers for a generation I'd still want them to lose every single game they played. It's not exactly like I can never be happy wqhile the Yankees win, but watching them lose always brings that special, happy, vindictive little glow.
              You won't be saying this if we're on the outside looking in at the playoffs..
              Ellsbury SB: 54

Comment

Originally posted by SoxFan68 View Post
                You won't be saying this if we're on the outside looking in at the playoffs..
                Been there, done that, still said it. The Tigers' quick dismissal of New York from the 2006 postseason washed a lot of the humiliation of that season away for me.

I hope the Yankees never win another game again.

Comment

Well which team is more likely to be in the hunt come September? If you said NY like I did, then you want NY to lose.
                  Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
                  “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

Since you are Red Sox fans, you're supposed to root against the Yankees no matter what the situation and vice versa.

YankeesDaily

Comment

Originally posted by DisabledMess View Post
                      Since you are Red Sox fans, you're supposed to root against the Yankees no matter what the situation and vice versa.
                      If You are a Red Sox fan and you root for what is best for the team. Right now it is best that the Rays lose so the Red Sox can gain ground in the standings.
                      "Bats - I'm going to tell you a secret - I'm good and I'm getting better. I can't stand it I'm so good." Ted Williams to catcher Matt Batts Spring Training 1949.

Comment

Originally posted by brose3312 View Post
                        If You are a Red Sox fan and you root for what is best for the team. Right now it is best that the Rays lose so the Red Sox can gain ground in the standings.
                        If the season ended next week I'd agree but I've seen too many late-season runs by the Yankees for me to want them gaining any momentum at ALL.

Comment

I rooted for a split of the two games in which both teams wore out their bullpens. And maybe some pulled hamstrings thrown in so each team could go on a losing streak before the break.

In general, it is about playoff appearances. I don;t care about the Yankees when another team is ahead of the Sox. Playoffs will always trump the Yankees.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X