Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lugo out 4-6 weeks

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._worries_lugo/

I can't find a press reason standing Lugo heading to the DL, but he is. I heard the report on WEEI. If another person got a better press release, link to it. From what I'm hearing, Lugo out 4-6 weeks with a injury. Likely Cora and Lowrie will be getting the bulk of time at SS. Honestly, this a chance to see what Lowrie can do and hopefully replace Lugo and is miserable .130 batting average with runners in scoring position.

The devil now has my soul.
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
      Phew! I thought he was gonna take mine for this one... of course, I think I had already sold it back in '04. Anyways, looks like Lowrie gets an extended tryout. Oddly enough though, Lugo had a relatively (for him) productive game, and then goes down with an injury. Like a higher power just doesn't want him to be productive for the Sox or something.
      "Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson, Esquire (March 1, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
        A worthy cause.

I look forward to seeing what Lowrie can do in a semi-starting role.

Comment

I would never wish an injury on anyone and i am not happy Lugo got hurt... HOWEVER, Lowrie has a golden opportunity to show what he's got and make a case for himself. If Lowrie lights it up, there is no reason to bring Lugo back.

Seize the day Jed!

Comment

It's a left quad strain suffered when he was trying to run out an infield hit to keep the game alive in the 9th inning Friday...as much as people hate him for his lack of production and his blunders in the field he put himself on the line to try to help the team win and succeeded at a cost to himself- something that many others in the league wouldn't do, even some guys on his own team.
            Last edited by efin98; 07-12-2008, 10:00 PM.
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98 View Post
              he put himself on the line to try to help the team win and succeeded at a cost to himself- something that many others in the league wouldn't do, even some guys on his own team.
              Running out a ball-in-play is not putting yourself on the line. Thats far too dramatic a phrase for someone who simply got injured in the daily grind of baseball. There was nothing heroic about it.

Furthermore, Lugo is a 'jitterbug' but lets not confuse that with hard work and effort. Much of baseball's work is done in prep and mental clarity. Neither of which he has never been known for.

I have rooted for him to succeed in Boston but those days are over. He stinks here and I'll be happy to see a more productive and stable player take his spot... if someone emerges.

Comment

Last edited by efin98; 07-13-2008, 11:11 AM. Reason: not worth the fight
                Best posts ever:
                Originally posted by nymdan
                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Frankly, this could be a move in the right direction. It's time to see what Lowrie's got!
                  "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X