San Diego Newspaper Ridicules Boston Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Newspaper Ridicules Boston Fans

Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union spent the day after the Padres were swept in four games by the Cardinals, ridiculing Red Sox fans. I guess when the Padres have lost 60+ games, he needs to focus other teams failures instead

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...#sosd_comments

and...?
    It's true... i refuse to go to Jays games when the BoSox or Yanks are in town. Apparently everyone is their fans when they come to town. I had a 'BoSox fan' argue with me from leftfield whether or not there was netting behind home plate so the fans don't get smoked with foul tips. He absolutely denied that there was not one there cause there isn't one at... hold on... get this... "femway"... no typo, thats what he called it.
    Now I know not all fans are like this, but it is rediculous the amount of band wagon jumping.

Comment

Yeah, we're all like that.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by cdn_ball View Post
        and...?
        It's true... i refuse to go to Jays games when the BoSox or Yanks are in town. Apparently everyone is their fans when they come to town. I had a 'BoSox fan' argue with me from leftfield whether or not there was netting behind home plate so the fans don't get smoked with foul tips. He absolutely denied that there was not one there cause there isn't one at... hold on... get this... "femway"... no typo, thats what he called it.
        Now I know not all fans are like this, but it is rediculous the amount of band wagon jumping.
        why did you waste your time posting that?

Comment

Red Sox's fans need to focus on why the bullpen just sucks and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by JayJohnstone View Post
            Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union spent the day after the Padres were swept in four games by the Cardinals, ridiculing Red Sox fans. I guess when the Padres have lost 60+ games, he needs to focus other teams failures instead

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...#sosd_comments
            Padres should thank whatever Baseball Gods there are that the Mets choke job deflected attention away from the Padres who managed to be the 86 Angels and 78 Red Sox rolled into one last year.

Comment

and...?
              Way to support your team!

But I'm sure they're the bandwagoners for traveling hundreds of miles while you sit at home because the wrong team is in town.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                Red Sox's fans need to focus on why the bullpen just sucks and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.
                we are...

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=80697
                Last edited by VTSoxFan; 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM. Reason: no need for even abbreviated profanities

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                  And Kansas City fans need to focus on why their entire team is a pathetic joke instead of trying to rip into a team that actually... ya know... wins sometimes.

and...?
                  Almost as ridiculous as the headache I got when I tried to read this.

"So let us thank the Angels -- the winningest team in baseball, incidentally, in case anybody had overlooked that fact -- for spanking the Sox and sweeping them back on their way around the Nation."

Yes, please thank the Angels for letting us spank them on the way to two World Series championships. Good lord, San Diego writers need something new to write about.
                  Last edited by Westlake; 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM.
                  Originally posted by Domenic
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                    And Kansas City fans need to focus on why their entire team is a pathetic joke instead of trying to rip into a team that actually... ya know... wins sometimes.

Almost as ridiculous as the headache I got when I tried to read this.

"So let us thank the Angels -- the winningest team in baseball, incidentally, in case anybody had overlooked that fact -- for spanking the Sox and sweeping them back on their way around the Nation."

Yes, please thank the Angels for letting us spank them on the way to two World Series championships. Good lord, San Diego writers need something new to write about.
                    There are major inferiority complexes in San Diego. The focus is always on resentment about other places. They had an article that made fun of the names of other stadiums. Meanwhile, SD stadium is named after a pet food and supply company. Unbelievable. There is an article on the Phillies thread about SD criticizing Philadelphia.
                    Total sleazy insecurity type nonsense. Meanwhile the Padres are 37-62
                    http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by parlo View Post
                      Jesus, I didn't know it was THAT awful.

Well at least that means I could be covering some good new prospects within the week.
                      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Jesus, I didn't know it was THAT awful.

Well at least that means I could be covering some good new prospects within the week.
                        Here is Chris Jenkins smear job on Philadelphia in the SD Union earlier this season.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...y-offers-hope/
                        http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Comment

This quote secures my premonitions. You're one of those annoying Sox fans the article is about! That's amazing.
                          Last edited by Trickyhop; 07-22-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parlo View Post
                            There are major inferiority complexes in San Diego. The focus is always on resentment about other places. They had an article that made fun of the names of other stadiums. Meanwhile, SD stadium is named after a pet food and supply company. Unbelievable. There is an article on the Phillies thread about SD criticizing Philadelphia.
                            thats ok...soon it will be football season and they can focus all their energy on the Patriots

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                              This quote secures my premonitions. You're one of those annoying Sox fans the article is about! That's amazing.
                              My worst experience with fans of other teams has been in Seattle. Go figure. :cap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X