The Old Switchero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Switchero

Dustin Pedrioa came up as a SS, but is now a 2B.
    Kevin Youkilis came up as a 3B, but is now a 1B.
    Jon Papelbon came up as a SP, but is now a CL.

Continue this line of Sox players, past or present, who switched from thier original position and succeded at that new position.
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Only others I can recall in the last decade+ is John Valentin from SS to 2B and 3B and Ron Mahay from CF to pitcher
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I think there's one player (doesn't he wear dreadlocks or something?) who used to play in RF, but now plays in LF. What's his name again?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ted Williams played RF as a rookie (he was a pitcher in HS!).
        Some guy named Ruth was moved from P to the OF and missed his chance to be famous.
        :cap:
        Pesky moved from SS to 3B to accomodate Vern Stephens and then moved back.
        Also...
        Larry Gardner moved to 3B after a year at 2B.
        Tony C played a year in LF and then moved to RF.
        Jimmy Piersall started in RF and settled in CF.
        Petrocelli moved from SS to 3B.
        George Scott moved from 1B to 3B!
        Troy O'Leary moved from RF to LF.
        Last edited by hellborn; 07-24-2008, 08:44 AM. Reason: more guys
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

A certain Long Island native signed as a shortstop but was moved because of the eminent retirement of a certain left fielder.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
            A certain Long Island native signed as a shortstop but was moved because of the eminent retirement of a certain left fielder.
            Gee, I wonder if either of those two ever became amongst the most famous guys to play off the Green Monstah?
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X