Carl Yastrzemski 71

Comment

• + Williams
      - Yaz

Ted Williams 76
      Carl Yastrzemski 70

Comment

• Congratulations Ted.

You're the winner in what is the probably the closest vote-off game I've seen yet.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by runningshoes53
          Congratulations Ted.

You're the winner in what is the probably the closest vote-off game I've seen yet.
          It hurt alot to vote against yaz,I didn't relize it was to 75,.Sorry Yaz fans.

Comment

• A very tightley contested contest. Yaz made a run for it at the stretch but in the end Williams comes out on top. That was a very good game and it didnt get hijacked either.
            go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

• c'mon, didn't we all know in our heart of hearts that Teddy Ballgame was the best ever player to don a Red Sox uniform? And I say that having grown up in the Yaz era! good game, y'all.
              Go Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by bbossoxx
                c'mon, didn't we all know in our heart of hearts that Teddy Ballgame was the best ever player to don a Red Sox uniform? And I say that having grown up in the Yaz era! good game, y'all.
                It wasn't really about the best; it was about your favourite. If it was about the best, we never would have bothered having the game.

Yaz gave Williams a run for his money. This would have ended with the Yaz the winner. I was poised for the last vote when a Yankee fan came and messed it up..go figure.

And I was on vacation for three weeks. Yaz really slid then, but he came right back as soon as I did.
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                  It hurt alot to vote against yaz,I didn't relize it was to 75,.Sorry Yaz fans.
                  T R A I T O R !
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 05-27-2006, 11:45 PM.
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

It wasn't really about the best; it was about your favorite. If it was about the best, we never would have bothered having the game.

Yaz gave Williams a run for his money. This would have ended with the Yaz the winner.
                    The final vote got it right. They are the best . . .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 05-26-2006, 05:56 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

And I was on vacation for three weeks. Yaz really slid then, but he came right back as soon as I did.
                      My vacation coincided with yours, so the Spaceman was out after a week of me not defending him.

When I was six years old, I re-read over and over again a book about the '67 Sox, hoping against hope that they would finally win it and the Impossible Dream would come true. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X