X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Originally posted by runningshoes53
    And I was on vacation for three weeks. Yaz really slid then, but he came right back as soon as I did.
    My vacation coincided with yours, so the Spaceman was out after a week of me not defending him.

When I was six years old, I re-read over and over again a book about the '67 Sox, hoping against hope that they would finally win it and the Impossible Dream would come true. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• KenFougere
    replied
    It wasn't really about the best; it was about your favorite. If it was about the best, we never would have bothered having the game.

Yaz gave Williams a run for his money. This would have ended with the Yaz the winner.
    The final vote got it right. They are the best . . .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KenFougere; 05-26-2006, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KenFougere
    replied
    Originally posted by kckid2599
    It hurt alot to vote against yaz,I didn't relize it was to 75,.Sorry Yaz fans.
    T R A I T O R !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KenFougere; 05-27-2006, 11:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    Originally posted by bbossoxx
    c'mon, didn't we all know in our heart of hearts that Teddy Ballgame was the best ever player to don a Red Sox uniform? And I say that having grown up in the Yaz era! good game, y'all.
    It wasn't really about the best; it was about your favourite. If it was about the best, we never would have bothered having the game.

Yaz gave Williams a run for his money. This would have ended with the Yaz the winner. I was poised for the last vote when a Yankee fan came and messed it up..go figure.

And I was on vacation for three weeks. Yaz really slid then, but he came right back as soon as I did.

Leave a comment:

• bbossoxx
    replied
    c'mon, didn't we all know in our heart of hearts that Teddy Ballgame was the best ever player to don a Red Sox uniform? And I say that having grown up in the Yaz era! good game, y'all.

Leave a comment:

• RedSoxVT92
    replied
    A very tightley contested contest. Yaz made a run for it at the stretch but in the end Williams comes out on top. That was a very good game and it didnt get hijacked either.

Leave a comment:

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    Congratulations Ted.

You're the winner in what is the probably the closest vote-off game I've seen yet.
    It hurt alot to vote against yaz,I didn't relize it was to 75,.Sorry Yaz fans.

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    Congratulations Ted.

You're the winner in what is the probably the closest vote-off game I've seen yet.

Leave a comment:

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    + Williams
    - Yaz

Ted Williams 76
    Carl Yastrzemski 70

Leave a comment:

• ThanksTheo
    replied
    + Williams
    - Yaz