Went to tonights game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to tonights game

I went to the game tonight, had pretty good lodge box seats with my friend and her parents. She and her mom dont know much about baseball but they attempted to get into the game.

It was a pretty damn good game for the Angels, I did a ton of cursing, and got into a debate with some fans sitting behind me when I stuck up for Manny (and I will continue to do this as I want him to remain on the Red Sox).

Lackey was a beast tonight. By the 7th inning I wasnt even hoping for a win anymore, I just wanted a hit and some runs. By the 8th inning I didnt even care about the runs, I just wanted a hit. The 9th inning I was pretty much hopeless. I had like developed the mouth of a sailor. When Pedroia hit that single I jolted up from my seat and started screaming and clapping so loud. I cried. I was so happy that they werent no hit, and I dont care if that would be that will be my only chance to see a no hitter in my entire life. I really didnt want them to get no hit. And then Youk hit that home run...I was flipping estatic. I started dancing.

Overall it was a 30% good game. I enjoyed it, I enjoyed debating. I love the Red Sox and our fans. We are the best fans out there.
    "Original sin wasn't when Eve ate the apple, but when those damn unicorns didn't get on the ark"- Haley Murphy Morrill (2/14/92 - 9/26/07)

^^this was the last status update that Haley had on her facebook page^^

Haley you will always be in my heart <

Originally posted by redsoxocd View Post
    We are the best fans out there.

:silent:
    HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Seven View Post
      :silent:
      Ha. Says the poster named 'Twenty Seven.' You lose.
      Originally posted by Domenic
      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

I was there, too, decent GS23 seats.
        Lackey gave a clinic on pitching...I hope that Buchholz was taking notes.
        I don't care if Manny's knee hurts...he's gotta try to hustle to 1st when he hits a ball down the 3rd base line. I hope that guy signs with KC after this season. Kills me that he's disrupting the team and not trying when they're scratching to get into the playoffs.
        I was proud of us for giving the Angels a round of applause after the game. SI claimed the clapping was from "the remnants of a sellout crowd", but almost everybody was still there...very few people hit the exits early, the potential no-hitter kept us in our seats.
        Last edited by hellborn; 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM.
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxocd View Post
          It was a pretty damn good game for the Angels, I did a ton of cursing. We are the best fans out there.
          Stay classy, San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
            Ha. Says the poster named 'Twenty Seven.' You lose.
            i thought Twenty Seven was for the number of post he had...but i was wrong, its only 9. troll

Comment

So if I had 1000 posts it would be okay?

All I'm thinking is that all these supposed "fans" probably never even visited the stadium until 2005. My one time at Fenway, the place cleared out before the 8th inning. Everyone there also always thinks that every hit that's hit up is a homer. Most visitors seem like casual fans at best, who don't really care about the Red Sox unless they have tickets to a game.

Another issue I have with the fans is that they seem to get more gratification out of seeing the Yankees lose than seeing the Sox win. The street vendors sell merchandise proclaiming how much the Yankees "suck" instead of how much the Red Sox "rock". It's a very skewed take on the sport and the team fandom.
              Last edited by Twenty Seven; 07-30-2008, 10:50 AM.
              HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
              http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
              http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

Comment

My one time at Fenway, the place cleared out before the 8th inning. ...
                When was this, 1962? During a rain delay??
                I've been to Fenway many dozens of times in the last dozen years, and I have never seen anything like that. Some people will start leaving after the 8th for blowouts, but cleared out...never even close, except for rain. The place was packed last night until the final out, because Fenway has a lot of good fans appreciate a well pitched game and who would want to see all of a no hitter, even against their own team. Not that we weren't pretty psyched to see the no hitter and shutout blown...
                :cap:
                Last edited by hellborn; 07-30-2008, 11:07 AM. Reason: ed
                "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

All I'm thinking is that all these supposed "fans" probably never even visited the stadium until 2005. My one time at Fenway, the place cleared out before the 8th inning. Everyone there also always thinks that every hit that's hit up is a homer.
                  I personally have visted Fenway multiple times every year from before 2005 and trust me, there has not been a single occasion where the stadium was emptied out before the last out of the 9th. Yes, there will always be some casual fans and more people leave early if the game isn't close, but those stands stay pretty full to the end, be it bitter of sweet.
                  "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
                  -Don Fehr

Comment

All I'm thinking is that all these supposed "fans" probably never even visited the stadium until 2005. My one time at Fenway, the place cleared out before the 8th inning.

Calling bulls***. That's probably a complete fabrication or an extreme exaggeration.

Everyone there also always thinks that every hit that's hit up is a homer.

That happens at EVERY SINGLE PARK. Happens in Houston, Arlington, Minnesota, Seattle.. every park i've been to. You think Yankee stadium is any different? Nope.

Most visitors seem like casual fans at best, who don't really care about the Red Sox unless they have tickets to a game.

Many people that go to Fenway go for the experience and aren't always Sox fans. It's a tourist attraction because of the history and the hooplah. Again, JUST like Yankee stadium.

Another issue I have with the fans is that they seem to get more gratification out of seeing the Yankees lose than seeing the Sox win. The street vendors sell merchandise proclaiming how much the Yankees "suck" instead of how much the Red Sox "rock". It's a very skewed take on the sport and the team fandom.
                    Again, limited to this team? I think not. There are some that hate the Yankees as much as they love the Sox. Same thing the other way around. Yankees fans that think that their fan base is so much more sophisticated than the Sox one is living in a fantasy world.

Do you think posting that little muted smilie in a Red Sox forum when someone says something good about our fans makes you look good? You complain about Sox fans hating the Yankees more than loving their own team, yet you have more posts here discussing the Sox than the Yankees so far. You're basically trolling the Sox board at this point, while at the same time trying to say the Sox fan base sucks.

This act is tired and everyone here has heard it. You're bringing nothing new or interesting to an already annoying subject. Beat it.
                    Last edited by Westlake; 07-30-2008, 11:21 AM.
                    Originally posted by Domenic
                    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

All I'm thinking is that all these supposed "fans" probably never even visited the stadium until 2005. My one time at Fenway, the place cleared out before the 8th inning. Everyone there also always thinks that every hit that's hit up is a homer. Most visitors seem like casual fans at best, who don't really care about the Red Sox unless they have tickets to a game.

if you had a 1000+ post you would be a little more known than you are right now and therefore we might give you some slack. but since all your posts on this forum have been crap like this, then you do not get respect.

Comment

The street vendors sell merchandise proclaiming how much the Yankees "suck" instead of how much the Red Sox "rock". It's a very skewed take on the sport and the team fandom.
                        Ironic statement of the decade, considering around half of your posts have been bashing something involving the Red Sox.

Comment

I walked by all the stupid anti-Yanks stuff and bought myself a new Bosox hat for $7 after the game last night. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not licensed...eh, have me arrested, Selig.
                          I do have to admit that I enjoyed the "Looks Like Jesus, Acts Like Judas, Throws Like Mary" anti-Damon shirts a few years ago. He deserved it after all the stuff about wanting to stay in Boston. Those were almost as good as the "Who Died And Made You Mark Bellhorn?" shirts.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X