Bay
    Lowell
    Drew
    Lowrie/Lugo
    Varitek

LF: Bay/Ellsbury
    CF: Ellsbury/Crisp
    RF: Drew/AAA callup

I wonder who's going to be called up from the farm system..we traded 3 players for one. This could be interesting. A lot of prospects make an impact when they come up right away ala Buchholz, Ellsbury, Masterson, Lowrie. Some dud right away and pan out later ala Pedroia. But could somebody come up and make an impact for the last 2 months and in October? I imagine it will be relief pitchers. Daniel Bard perhaps? Or would that hinder his development? Bowden as a relief pitcher?
    Where's Youk in that lineup?

As to the call ups, I think you have to call up Bowden and Chris Carter. Carter gives you just about everything Moss gave us, and Bowden can replace Hansen in the 'pen.
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid View Post
      Where's Youk in that lineup?

As to the call ups, I think you have to call up Bowden and Chris Carter. Carter gives you just about everything Moss gave us, and Bowden can replace Hansen in the 'pen.
      Oops I only had 8 players in that lineup. I would probably put Youk after Drew. It seems crazy because of how well he's hitting but it helps balance our lineup from top to bottom.
      Ellsbury SB: 54

Comment

Originally posted by SoxFan68 View Post
        Agreed. I just always saw Lowell as the perfect 5th hitter.
        I'm curious, what makes Lowell the perfect #5 hitter?

Thanks.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X