Jason Bay in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Bay in Boston

Hey... not a Sox fan here, but one of my daughters is...

Nice to see the warm welcome for the new LF in Boston. I liked the "Thanks Manny, but it's a new Bay" sign.

Nice little catch there...

I think Bay will have his best seasons in Boston. He's a top-tier talent who, I believe, was disheartened by the chronic losing of the Pirate franchise.

Bay's now with a team that (A) needs him, and (B) is committed to getting to the World Series every year. A guy like Bay will thrive in that environment like he never has thrived before.
    "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Look what this guy did in his first three years in Pittsburgh. If he can hit like that with a lineup like this around him the Sox shouldn't miss a beat.
      "Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson, Esquire (March 1, 1978)

Comment

I want to be careful-the last time we sent a prospect to Pittsburgh was the Freddy Sanchez deal. Also, last year we sent 3 prospects over to Texas for a certian pitcher who promptly went kaput. You know who I mean.
        Trusted traders list-
        Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by riredsox View Post
          I want to be careful-the last time we sent a prospect to Pittsburgh was the Freddy Sanchez deal. Also, last year we sent 3 prospects over to Texas for a certain pitcher who promptly went kaput. You know who I mean.
          Is it En GAG! spelled backwards?
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Originally posted by spark240 View Post

Nice little catch there...
            You know, that was great to see. As much as Fenway's LF can cover up defensive deficiencies, a good defender can really stake claim to that territory and help build a home-field advantage.

Personally, I may have forgotten that a bit.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X