Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boston Boxer
    Good riddance.

If he jumped ship because of the Mo Pena trade, I don't know why he thinks the situation will be any better in Oakland, unless Thomas goes down.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

According to the Globe, there's no validity to the Oakland A's story, which was originally reported in a Dominican paper, I believe.

Link:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ke_a_reliever/

See the last item on the bottom of the page.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
        Good riddance.
        If he jumped ship because of the Mo Pena trade, I don't know why he thinks the situation will be any better in Oakland, unless Thomas goes down.
        Is Thomas even playing games yet? Honestly, I think Oakland would be a better fit, what with them having Thomas as their Plan A DH.

Comment

The guy is a bum now. It was shameful how he got a ton of money last year for nothing.
          WE had him in Detroit and when was starting his decline. He rallied the next year for Cleveland and parlayed that into a few seasons of something for nothing.
          The guy is now like fine china...touch him and he gets a pulled muscle and is on the DH.
          You'll get mo out of Willy MO than you will with Juan. What a waste of money.

Comment

Juan Gonzalez shouldn't even play any more. He is wayyyy past his prime and even past his playing career so I dont know why he keeps trying to play again. Willy Mo Pena will be a much better option. A young power threat who could become a great player and wont go on the DL all the time. Much rather have Pena out their than Gonzalez.
            go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92
              Juan Gonzalez shouldn't even play any more. He is wayyyy past his prime and even past his playing career so I dont know why he keeps trying to play again. Willy Mo Pena will be a much better option. A young power threat who could become a great player and wont go on the DL all the time. Much rather have Pena out their than Gonzalez.
              Can't really fault a guy for wanting to keep playing. He probably has plenty of money, but 36 is a bit young to be "retired".

And from Boston's standpoint, signing him is a zero-risk situation. He wouldn't make much, and if he does well in extended spring training and AAA, they can either call him up as a pinch hitter or trade him for somethign of value to a team who needs an OF/DH type.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout805
                sterrrrrrrrrrrrroiddddddddssssss
                Shefieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeld and Giammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbi

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer
                  Shefieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeld and Giammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbi
                  hahahahaha I know once they heard about Bonds having evidence against him, they both started sweating.
                  Back to being underdogs

Comment

As soon as Juan gets a guaranteed pay check he will be on the DL before you can say "Gone".
                    That's where his nickname Juan "Gone" Gonzalez really came from.

With Gonzalez's injury history, 36 is not too young to retire.

Comment

Juan is not going to Boston

This same afternoon , on a local TV channel , Juan stated that he hasn't make any type of deal with Boston or any other team . That he doesn't want to play AAA ball . That he is very healthy , and training and waiting .
                      We could realistically think that working on AAA level would be the best thing for him at this stage due to the fact that he hasn't face many pitchers in the last couple of seasons , and , of course his age . But that's the way he thinks .

Comment

Originally posted by caribeño
                        This same afternoon , on a local TV channel , Juan stated that he hasn't make any type of deal with Boston or any other team . That he doesn't want to play AAA ball . That he is very healthy , and training and waiting .
                        We could realistically think that working on AAA level would be the best thing for him at this stage due to the fact that he hasn't face many pitchers in the last couple of seasons , and , of course his age . But that's the way he thinks .
                        ''He committed to the Red Sox, he is under contract," Nero said. Nero being Juan's agent, so if the agent thinks he's under contract but Juan doesn't, could be problems.
                        "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
                        -Don Fehr

Comment

Sounds like he hasn't changed much from when the Tigers had him. What a pain in the patoot. You'll have nothing but trouble with this guy. A real prima donna past his prime.

Comment

What's up now with Juan Gone?

Is he a Pawtucket Red Sox or not?

I don't see him on the AAA-Roster!
                            I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Last I heard was a couple weeks ago and he didn't report to camp because we traded for Wily Mo Pena, and no one had heard from him even his agent.

Comment

Does anybody has updates here and for Sosa? Would be interesting...
                                I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X