Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronson Arroyo traded to Reds for Willy Mo Pena

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Schilling/Foulke?

    I`m knew hi I know I spelled foulke wrong ( probably because I`m a diehard Yankees fan but not a Bosox hater) but I`ve been wondering how these two players are going to come back schilling did horrible last year and foulke missed most of the year
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

    Comment


    • #92
      Schilling/Foulke?

      Hi I`m new I`m a diehard Yankee fan but not a Boston hater and I`ve been wondering how will Schilling and Foulke do Foulke missed out most of the year and when he was pitching he wasn`t great and schillng though he had some great games against New York he was VERY inconsistent
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
        Hi I`m new I`m a diehard Yankee fan but not a Boston hater and I`ve been wondering how will Schilling and Foulke do Foulke missed out most of the year and when he was pitching he wasn`t great and schillng though he had some great games against New York he was VERY inconsistent

        Schilling seems pretty sharp this Spring. His velocity is up, he's had time to get in shape for the season, and he seems to have his focus. He seems to me like the kind of older pitcher who could bounce back reasonably this season.
        Foulke, on the other hand...well, I'll buy that when he's still pitching in May.
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

        Comment


        • #94
          pitchers

          Originally posted by SoxSon
          Schilling seems pretty sharp this Spring. His velocity is up, he's had time to get in shape for the season, and he seems to have his focus. He seems to me like the kind of older pitcher who could bounce back reasonably this season.
          Foulke, on the other hand...well, I'll buy that when he's still pitching in May.
          their is a lot of questions about the lineup questions but not really problems how will Beckett handle the media for example also I don`t put much stock in Spring Training especially this year with half of the star players in the league of at the WBC so all the pitchers look sharp
          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

          Comment


          • #95
            division

            personally I think bostons biggest strength ois their seto man who is one of the best in the league not to mention the 1-2 combo of ortiz and ramirez
            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
              their is a lot of questions about the lineup questions but not really problems how will Beckett handle the media for example also I don`t put much stock in Spring Training especially this year with half of the star players in the league of at the WBC so all the pitchers look sharp
              I'm more concerned about Beckett's blisters than the media.
              Also, Schilling's velocity can tell you a lot. That's got nothing to do with who is at the plate.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

              Comment


              • #97
                true i have`nt whatched their gmes much
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                Comment


                • #98
                  Well, I just got back from vacation and happened to read all of the posts from this thread. . . there are a lot of good points, and I wanted to chime in with some of my own--

                  With regards to the loyalty card, just because someone says they want to stay with Boston doesn't mean we should just keep them around. The idea is to improve the club. None of us knows if picking up Wily Mo Pena will do it, but let's be honest--Arroyo wasn't exactly lighting it up around here. I too have an adoration for the 2004 team, but that was almost a year and a half ago. If we want to remain contenders, we have to give up on the loyalty thing. Sure, Arroyo loved it in Boston--he had built a similar iconic status like that certiain CF in New York did, and he was adored by fans, but that's not a reason to keep someone around.

                  A lot of people have asked, "Why didn't we trade Wells or Clement?" Wells has made it perfectly clear that he wanted to go to the west coast and no where else, so that wouldn't have happened. Clement wouldn't have worked out, either. Remember, we're paying the salary difference in Arroyo's contract--imagine if, with the big salary we're paying Clement, we had to pay the difference in his salary? That wouldn't have made any sense, either. It's bad enough that we had to with Renteria's.

                  In Trot Nixon's case, I hope people can see that, at 24, Pena has a much bigger upside than Nixon, at 32. Hey, I love the guy, too, but as much as I admire Trot's hustle and work ethic, he's been way too injury-prone these last few years. I think Pena (or Crisp) would be a suitable replacement in the OF.

                  As far as Theo goes, of the transactions that didn't pan out, are the players we gave up doing any better in their new surroundings? Hillenbrand is ok, but I'd rather have Youks at 3rd. Sanchez has been solid, and I'd probably want to see him as our everyday 2B, but hindsight is 20/20. Considering how demanding the Red Sox must be as an organization and considering how young Theo still is, I think he's done a great job as our GM.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Sp

                    with the trade of Arroyo Boston goes from 7 pitchers to 6 and their is speculation of Papelbon being their closer which brings them down to 5 not to mention that shilling is questionable and so is clement Wells is also getting older
                    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pesky6
                      With regards to the loyalty card, just because someone says they want to stay with Boston doesn't mean we should just keep them around.
                      Things are slightly complicated, pesky, by the perception that Boston suggested that they'd like to keep Arroyo around, too. I agree...we have to do what's best for the team. But I also think the way the deal went down lacked integrity.
                      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

                      Comment


                      • Bronson pitched 7 innings of 3-hit ball vs. the Red Sox in the last Red Sox pre-season game. Yes, we will see where things stand at the ASB.

                        2007 World Series Champions
                        The Boston Red Sox

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X