X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichardLikeWhoa
    replied
    the yank's pitching is HORRIBLE.. I can only name 2 starters that
    can maybe put up big numbers- Mussina and the Big Unit.

Chacon:
    who the hell is that? he had 1 good year.. he's not looking too fresh this year..

Wang:
    the name says it all.. i dont expect much outta this guy.

Wright:
    G-A-R-B-A-G-E! i haven't seen this guy throw anything decent the last 2 seasons.. yea he's been injured but this year hes not looking impressive at all.

Pavano:
    (I'm sooo glad we ended up not signing him after we won in '04)
    Where has this guy been besides the DL? nowhere.. i dont think he's
    even returning to the starting rotation when he's healthy. if healthy he might be someone to be somewhat timid of.

Big Unit:
    yea he's old but still pretty good.. i dont really doubt him.

Mussina:
    i dont know if its just me... but does it seem like this is gonna be a horrible
    year for him? i watched him pitch the other night and he seems to be throwing the ball a lot slower then last year. like i said, it could just be me.

Yanks Bullpen:
    um.........Farnsworth? He was nice with the braves.. hasnt done much for the yanks this year.

Sturtze: Garbage? not impressed with him either.. hes no timlin or even tavarez.

rivera: still very good.. only guy in the 'pen that id be worried about.

what does everyone else think? i think we have a MUCH stronger pitching staff then the yanks.. as long as we stay healthy im calling Schill and Beckett towin 20 or more.

Beckett sounds like a nice CY YOUNG award winner.. Agree?

Leave a comment:

• Johnnybegood
    replied
    Originally posted by Jager
    Don't be a *******. This years Sox are better than the Yankees. Your offense had nothing to do with why you didn't win last year. Your pitching is every bit as bad, and maybe even worse since your two best pitchers are another year older. Meanwhile, The Sox got younger and better. You'll be eating crow at the end of the season when the Sox win the division.
    I agree the Yankee pitching really sucks this year and i'm glad for it........

Leave a comment:

• Johnnybegood
    replied
    The Yankee's way overpaid for Johnny .They can have him he's damaged goods anyway......

Leave a comment:

• Jager
    replied
    Bellhorn? Bellhorn was terrible. He couldn't hit for average, he K'd WAY too many times, and his D wasn't very good either. We got Graffanino and he played very good for us. hit .319 for the 51 games he was with us. I'm glad we got rid of Bellhorn. Now in 06 Loretta is going to be great. He does exactly what you want you #2 hitter to do. Get the bat on the ball. Loretta doesn't strike out much, he at least puts it in play, and besides last year when he was hurt his #'s in 04 were .335 ba and .317 ba in 03. That's very good. I think he can certainly put up around .320 avg this year. Especially at Fenway. I really like our team this year.

Leave a comment:

• MudvilleMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Jager
    That was different wasn't he claimed off waivers?
    Yes, I'm not too happy about how he was treated.

Leave a comment:

• Evangelion
    replied
    Donning the pinstripes = traitor

Boggs
    Clemens
    Damon
    Consider Boston basically threw Boggs out has nothing to do with him going to New York, right?

Oh, let's not forget the biggest traitor of all time in Alan Embree!

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronxbommers
    Can't hate a man for jumping off a sinking ship...
    Ha Ha Ha BronxBommers , well what's the point of jumping on an already Sunken Ship ???

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Trot2millah
    Let's just say thison't give me a gun and lock me in a room with him.
    Now, don't get so violent. Use a water gun.

I know your feeling of betrayal; I know it very well. But look at it this way: we got his best years; he helped us Win It All. I believe he genuinely did like it here. He played hard for us with bruises and strains and dislocated fingers (ewww) and the aftermath of a concussion. Think of the good he did for us (scoring from 1B on Billy Mueller's double to left -- remember that?), and forget what he's doing now. He's just one of them now.

Don't root against Johnny. Root for Coco!

Leave a comment:

• Trot2millah
    replied
    Let's just say thison't give me a gun and lock me in a room with him.

Leave a comment:

• Jager
    replied
    Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
    Bellhorn too.
    That was different wasn't he claimed off waivers?

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Originally posted by yankees rule
    Isn't it strange that hardly any Yankee left NY for Boston (directly or via another team)?
    Go back a few years. Well, actually, a lot of years. The Red Sox, under Tom Yawkey and, even earlier, under Harry Frazee, raided the Yankees' roster.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Dak
    Donning the pinstripes = traitor

Boggs
    Clemens
    Damon
    Bellhorn too.

Leave a comment:

• FlashGordon
    replied
    Like Clemens going to Houston?

Leave a comment:

• KingNothing13
    replied
    Originally posted by SoxSon
    Also, it's spelled "bombers."
    lol....funniest post ever.

Leave a comment:

• SoxSon
    replied

I'm sure you realize it was the money for Damon, and not much else.
    Also, it's spelled "bombers."

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X